December 13, 2019

Friday (the 13th) - Warmish and nice, then rainy and cloudy

I woke up with my alarm this morning and promptly turned it off. I went to bed a little late yesterday so decided to sleep on.  F came back around 9 I think and he went to bed too.  I woke up at 11 somewhat surprised that I had slept so late!

F wanted to go out for lunch so I thought of a few places, but he wasn’t too hungry. He’d had a hotel buffet for breakfast. Then he decided he wanted to bring his mother. I had to change the places since my requests weren’t K friendly. We decided on a place that we literally haven’t been to in years. I had a second choice just in case. Then K decided not to come. Oh well, we still tried the place. It was open, so we went in and had a very nice lunch. We both had pork, F’s was ginger pork and mine was a pork steak with gravy. We both liked it a lot. I hope we’ll go back sometime.

We just had time to go and get K a bento and for me to go back to the house and floss and brush my teeth. Yes, F had finally got me in at my dentist! We went in and I was surprised that we spent about 2 hours there. I was x-rayed and photographed and had a bit of a cleaning done. I’ll have to have quite a bit of work done next time I go, which will be in January when I get back. 

After my appointment, we went to an electric shop to pick up some more blank CDs and a new SD card for the car’s stereo.  The one we have seems to be full. I do have a lot of CDs after all!

We went for coffee and cake to Komeda and were there for an hour or so. I had real coffee today, not decaf as it was early, so did F. During our time there, F said that he wasn’t feeling well. He’d been trying to get me to think of dinner, but I wasn’t hungry yet. In the end, he suggested getting bentos at the grocery store.

We went to the store and checked out the deli. I suggested doing something similar to bentos but not quite. I suggested us getting some different dishes and then having what we wanted from them. It would be a little like eating family-style from the grocery store. He agreed to try it so we got some chicken, some french fries, some renkon and some fried rice. We brought it back to the house and heated it up.  K had already gone to bed, but F got her up for the feast!

Dinner was nice. I liked that we weren’t having bentos exactly and we could choose how much of something we wanted.  

After dinner, F washed the dishes and I dried, then we came upstairs. I watched some TV and F went to bed with his computer. 


And that was my day. Tomorrow we have a doctor’s appointment in the late morning and our Christmas dinner out tomorrow night. Come back later…perhaps Sunday if I’m not up for writing tomorrow.  Until tomorrow….?

No comments: