March 26, 2020

Thursday - Sunny and warmish

Today was the 23rd anniversary of the day I left Canada to come to Japan. I was left at the airport by my brother in law, but a few minutes later a friend came and had breakfast with me before I went through security. 

On with today’s report. I did what I’ve been doing for a few days now. Waking up early, then watching the news from the bed. I watched Jamie Oliver from the bed too but kind of fell asleep on him. Oops. 

I got up and dressed, went downstairs to get breakfast, but K was bopping around in the kitchen so I came back upstairs. I went down again a few minutes later.

I had a very quiet morning and early afternoon. A friend was supposed to come and pick up some books from me, but couldn’t. I was outside waiting for her when I got her text to say she couldn’t come. Oh, dear.  

I watched a bit of TV off the DVR today. I got through an episode of The Walking Dead. I love the show, but it is a hard slog to watch it sometimes. I think I am too nervous for it!

F came back to the house around 6:30 and a few minutes later the three of us left for the onsen. I left a bag of books for my friend in the garage so she could pick them up. Her plan was to come at 7 pm.  She did, but I wasn’t there!

F and K went and took baths at the onsen, I stayed in the lobby and did some crochet. I got a row and a bit done on my scrap shawl so I was quite pleased. It is really looking pretty right now.

We had our dinner at the onsen too. K just had an ice cream cone, F had the cheap ramen on offer and I had Katsu curry or curry and rice with a pork cutlet. It was really quite nice, came with a salad too. F didn’t like the ramen at all. K loved her ice cream! 

We drove back into Tsuruoka and dropped K off at the house. I grabbed the books that my friend had left for me and put them in the house.  

F and I went off to the grocery store. I was hoping that he’d want to go for coffee too, but he was tired and sore after work so didn’t want to go. Oh well.

We picked up a few things from the store and came back to the house. We put away the groceries and then came upstairs. I watched a small amount of TV tonight and then turned off the set.

That’s about it for tonight. Oh, I forgot, I also wrote up a couple of Postcrossings today. One is going to Belgium and the other to Tokyo, so that was cool. I hope I can do a few more tomorrow…or some mending for Fumihiko. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my Friday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: