March 28, 2020

Saturday - Sunny then a little rainy

I went to bed terribly late last night, then got up once to make a trip downstairs. I came back to bed, fell back asleep. I got up around 11 for a brief time and then went back to sleep. I dragged myself out of bed around 1pm.  F was in bed a lot longer than I was. He didn’t get out until well after 2 pm. 

We discussed where to go for lunch and I suggested a few places. I wanted to take his mother out with us but I wanted a quiet place where she wouldn’t have too many people around us. I suggested Coco Ichibanya and that’s where we went.  It was a pretty good idea as there weren’t many people in the restaurant, so we could stay in a quiet corner away from people.  K had a curry with croquettes, F had a curry with liver and I had Spice Curry which was a sort of roast chicken and masala curry. It was amazing!

We dropped K off at the house and then we went out. Today, we drove to Yutagawa Onsen to see the ume blossoms.  We parked in the public parking and then had to walk to the park. That wasn’t the hard part. The hard part was climbing up the hill to get to the flowers! I had forgotten how steep it was and even that there was a hill to climb.  Still, I did it. I had to take it a bit slowly, but no worries. We were there around 5 pm and there weren’t many people there at all. We avoided most of them too so that was good. There were quite a few different types of trees and the colours were interesting. There were light, light pinks to deep almost reds. We took oodles of photos and then came down the hill. I wanted to be down the hill well before sunset so we weren’t taking stairs in the dark.

 


We bought a drink and then walked back to the car. We stopped in at a couple of places. One to buy our drinks and the other because it had a Hina Doll set in the lobby and were selling some sashiko items. Sadly, the items were things I don’t need, so I wouldn’t let F buy them for me!

On the way back to Tsuruoka proper we discussed what we’d do. We wanted to go and see a movie tonight and needed to get K a bento or something in case she got hungry.  F suggested going to a grocery store that we never go to, and that’s what we did. We drove out to the grocery store and found K a bento. Then, I saw something that I thought looked good, and then F did. We decided to get a few things for later. We weren’t hungry right then, but after the movie, we probably would be.  We bought our stuff and came back to the house. 

K got her bento. I wasn’t sure that she’d be hungry already (I wasn’t!) but she ate it. F and I put ours in the fridge for later and then we went off to the cinema.

We went to see Motherless Brooklyn tonight. There were only 3 people in the cinema, and we were two of them. It’s a shame because I loved the movie. The whole mood and tone of the film just intrigued me so much and I really loved it. I’ve always liked Edward Norton (except maybe during the Hulk thing) and I thought this film was amazing.  After the movie, I told F that I needed to buy the soundtrack. He liked it too, he volunteered his opinion so it must be true!

We came back to the house via a convenience store for a few non-essential essentials. We had a really quiet evening in.  F’s been on YouTube all night, I’ve mostly been on my computer. I read some reviews of the film and people hated it! What?  Why?  It was so compelling to me. 


Anyway, I have absolutely no idea what we’ll get up to tomorrow. If you want, come on back and find out. Until tomorrow….

No comments: