August 4, 2020

Tuesday - Hot and Sunny

I woke up this morning and was surprised that F had left the door to our room open. I really don’t like that. K has been known to come upstairs and wake me up. Why make it easy for her?

Anyway on with my day. I had a quiet morning and afternoon. I did a load of laundry and hung it up. I also took down my very dry load of laundry and folded it up and put it away. The reason is that I’ll just about have time tomorrow to do a wash and a hang-up, but not time to put away the already dry stuff. That’s my excuse anyway.

In the afternoon I watched The Dark Knight Rises. I liked it a lot. I haven’t seen it in ages. I quite liked Bale as Batman. I’m not sure who is my favourite Batman. Is this an important question to ponder? Maybe.

I also caved when the room temperature hit 33 and turned on the air conditioner. I would have turned it on earlier if I had noticed. I had my fan on me and it kept me a bit cooler so I didn’t notice.

I did some of F’s mask tonight and basically finished it. I cut some elastic to the suggested size but was worried it was too short. I put it aside for later. 

I went downstairs to start dinner. I was just getting started when F called to say he’d be an hour late as he was doing some driving. I said it was okay. I gave K a drink and passed on the message. 

I did a whole bunch of food prep, discovered a new recipe for eggplant and then waited for F to phone. He didn’t phone, he arrived. He was 15 minutes earlier than he said he’d be. We had a nice greeting then he went upstairs and I got things cooking. I steamed some carrots, I baked/roasted some eggplant and fried some chicken in the frypan. I phoned F to ask him to come down and cook the rice for his mother and himself. He asked for 5 more minutes…Sigh.

I decided to just start it myself. I put the rice in the microwave and started it. Finally, he came down. He started talking crap about the air conditioner in our room. He was saying that it was cooler outside. Yeah, and? He told me that it was only 31 today outside and I had the air conditioner set for 29. Well, it was 33 in the room and I knew that if I set the AC for something like 25 like he does, it would be so cold in there that I’d probably have heatstroke in the kitchen. Then he kept saying that it was colder outside now and that I’d had the heater on in the room. I definitely did not have the heater on. _I_ can tell the difference between hot and cold. Remember that I’m at the end of my dinner prep now, he came down late to  “help” me do the rice and all he’s done is get in my way and talk garbage. Next thing I know he’s storming off up the stairs again yelling about how he can’t eat. 

I got things on the table and then went up to see if he’d come down. He then had the absolute gall to blame me for his stomach condition. I left him to it. 

K and I had a lovely meal. She really enjoyed the carrots and even had thirds of them! The eggplant was nice and the chicken was okay too. I put a plate in the fridge for F but he didn’t eat it.

I went upstairs after I did all the dishes. F didn’t seem quite as angry and belligerent anymore. I asked him if he’d call a taxi for me tomorrow. I know that I could just catch the bus, but it’s going to be hot and I don’t want to be a sweaty mess when I get downtown.  He did.  

I gave him his mask. I suggested he wear it for a little to see if the elastic was okay but he didn’t want to do that. Then he complained that the elastic was too short. I tried a longer length, but it still wasn’t long enough. I’m not sure how I’m supposed to figure out the elastic length if he won’t wear the mask!

It’s been a quiet evening here. I took a shower and then watched Killing Eve. F took a shower later. He made himself noodles and didn’t have the lovely dinner I put in the fridge for him. 

Well, tomorrow I’m off to get my hair cut and have a good day, Thursday I’m off to meet a friend and have lunch with her. I have no intention of cooking over the next couple of days so I hope that F steps up. I wonder if I threw the same kind of tanty how he’d act. 

Looking over my blog’s history over the last few years, it is surprising how many arguments we end up having on the 4th. Three years ago it was the stair's railing and I wasn’t talked to for days. We still don’t have a railing on our stairs. Somehow, that is still not high on his priorities. Hmm. 

Anyway, that’s it for me. I’ll be out tomorrow and I am so looking forward to it. I’ve not been out of this house in 2 days, so I really need a break from it. 

Come back later if you like and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: