September 14, 2020

Monday - Rainy and cooler


I woke up this morning with F saying the plumber was coming at 8:30 so I rolled over and went back to sleep.  I woke up next around 11 and got dressed.  


F asked if I’d like to go out for lunch. He wanted to go to his favourite fish restaurant but I said I wouldn’t go. I know that today is one of our anniversaries, but I’ve had too much fish or Japanese food over the last couple of days and I really couldn’t face any more. I suggested the Grand El Sun, the place we got married as the place is nice and their food is good (in my opinion) or the hotel in the mall.  I planned to stay on at the mall while F dealt with some house stuff later on. He drove us to the mall, parked and then when we went into the hotel section, stopped, handed me some money and left me.  To be honest, I preferred that to our usual lunch of him on his phone and me trying to interest him in a conversation before I went for my phone too. 


I had a decent lunch in a nice place, it was a pork and vegetable baked thing with salad and a drink.  I had a card from the hotel so I got a discount and that was nice. I walked around the mall and had a snoop at some of the shops, but recently a couple of big places have closed, so the mall isn’t too great at the moment. 


I noticed around 2 that F had tried to phone me, so I phoned him back.  When we met, we had a drink in Doutors. He was going to go to his doctor’s office and offered to drive me back to the house first. I took him up on that.


When F came back, he told me that he’d arranged a test for himself in October. That’s great, except we already have a doctor’s appointment for the same day. Oh no.  I think he’ll have to reschedule something. 


We had a bit of quiet time. I watched the news and relaxed, he snoozed or YouTubed I think.  


Around 6 we talked about dinner. F hadn’t eaten when he left me, so he was hungry. He wanted to do bentos, I did not, but whatever. At least he ordered them from the good place!  We drove over, picked them up, and then came back and ate.  


I washed the glasses we used afterwards, and the bento boxes quickly so I could put them out in the garbage bag.  Then, F and I got ready to go out again.


Tonight’s exciting excursion was to the grocery store to pick up a few things for the next couple of days of meals. I have some stuff from Costco that I’m planning to cook for tomorrow night, but I also needed a few other things!


We spent a quiet evening in. I had a shower, and then came to my computer and had an exciting time with you lot! I tried to watch The Bachelor but couldn’t manage more than 10 minutes before I turned it off! 


So, today was the first anniversary day today. It really wasn’t anything special. I would like a do-over but I’d probably need a new husband first. I’m used to the one I’ve got, at least for now, so that might not happen!


Come back later if you like and hear all about my Tuesday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: