January 10, 2021

Sunday - Cold and mostly clear


I got up around 11 the first time and then around 1:30 I think after that! F and I decided to go out, but it took us a while to get mentally ready to go out. We didn’t actually try and leave until 3 pm!  When we went outside, we had to shovel snow again, since it had snowed last night and the snowplough went through this morning. F was a champion today and did most of the work. I did a little around the car and the steps.


After that, we got on the road. Lunch was up first and we were going to go to a chain family restaurant, but I remembered that on the road we were on there was a local family restaurant. F could get ramen, or a reasonable facsimile and I could have curry. They have a pretty good chicken curry there. That’s what we did. We were the only customers at the time and we had a lovely meal.


Next up, we went to a drugstore to get some cream for my foot. I have a crack on one of my heels that hurts like the dickens at times. 


We followed that up with a quick trip to the grocery store. F decided he’d make a nabe tonight, so he got the ingredients and I bought a few things to fill in the holes in the staples in the house. We got a small bento for K since she hadn’t eaten lunch. 


We went back to the house and put stuff away. F gave his mother her bento and we went upstairs. Neither of us felt like eating right away so we decided to re-assess at 7 pm. I asked F if he’d like to watch a movie with me and he finally said yes! Woot. It took us a while to get ready, but we finally sat down to watch Jumanji. Yes, the original. 


It was fun to see it again, all the way through. I did some crochet during the film, F had roasted some ginko nuts, so we had a little snack. It was fun to see it again. 


After the film, F started talking about going out to get kerosene. I was really surprised about that. I suggested waiting until tomorrow, but F wanted to go now. Fair enough, out we went.  I said that I’d also like to get something small to eat, and F was down with that. We decided to go to one of the keiten sushi places. 


We got there a little early, but were able to be seated right away. Unfortunately, the sushi restaurant was out of most of our favourite things. There weren’t any fries left (F had joked on the way in that there weren’t any, so it was sort of funnier when there really weren’t any!) no salmon, and very few of the neat things I like to eat. It was fine though. 


We left the restaurant, and then F grabbed some gasoline and kerosene from the gas station. 


We drove back to the house and F unloaded the car. When he finished, we went upstairs and relaxed. F didn’t want to watch another film, which was okay.


I took a shower, then he did too. He went to bed and is sleeping, and I should be too! But I’m not. 


That was basically my day. It was much less frustrating than yesterday since we did get out of the house and got a few necessities in.  


I’m not sure what we’ll do on holiday Monday. Come on back and find out. Until tomorrow….

No comments: