January 11, 2021

Monday - Cool but okay


We slept in again. I got up around 11. F got up too to make something for his mother’s lunch. I went back to bed and slept for another hour or so. I got up, but F went back to bed. 


F didn’t get up until somewhere around 2:30 and it took him ages to get ready to go. I was upset because I had hoped to go somewhere nice for lunch, but wasn’t to be!


We drove out to Mikawa Shopping Mall and took my old handbag in to be repaired. Happily they should be able to do it, and it would cost less than buying a new handbag, so I’m happy. 


We went over to the food court and decided to have bibinba for our late lunch. I had a pork and kimchi one, F had the mentaiko one, but didn’t like it. I loved mine!


When we finished lunch, we decided to go to the electric shop behind the mall so F could price-check ceiling lights. He wants to replace the light in his half of the room. He found a couple that might work, but is still thinking about it.


After that, we toured through Don Qihote and picked up a few things. F got a new case for his phone. It was on sale for 500 yen and looks like it might be a good one for him. I picked up some food from the grocery area. We got some junk food, but also some crackers and some pasta sauce. As usual, we bought ourselves some drinks for the road, but also as usual, F forgot to take them out of the shopping bag, so we weren’t able to drink them. When I reminded him, he was driving down the road and started rummaging around in the bag until I made him stop. That was scary. 


We came back to the house and F sprang into action. Sort of! He made the nabe for our dinner. He got K up and in a few minutes had the nabe on the table and ready to eat. It was good for a change. I did add a few drops of sriracha, but it wasn’t completely necessary this time. He used lots of mushrooms which was very nice. 


I gave him a hand with drying dishes which kind of gives me the shudders. I have a really organized way of doing dishes and F doesn’t. He’ll wash the nabe first, then the glasses, then the plates…then a random pot…it doesn’t make sense. Oh well, at least I didn’t have to wash them. 


We went out again to buy groceries for the next few nights. F has a bit of a crazy schedule for the next few days, so I got enough food for 3 nights. At least I hope so. Tomorrow night we’ll have a sautéed chicken, and then I’ll make a cream stew on Wednesday. That should get us through to Friday. 


We had a quiet night in at the house. I tried to get F to sign up up for the video on demand part of our cable TV, but it didn’t work. I’m hoping he’ll be able to call them tomorrow night to see what is going on. Later on, F asked me to sew back a belt loop on his pants for work, which I did. Happily it wasn’t a dark colour so I had enough light to see. I hope the repair stays put. 


I watched a few YouTube videos and that’s about it for me. 


I’m not sure what I’m going to get up to tomorrow. I need to start thinking about my column, I may need to shovel snow, and there’s always dinner to worry about. 


Come back later if you like and read all about my adventures. Until tomorrow….

No comments: