January 12, 2021

Tuesday - Warmer and then rainy


I woke up at 8:00am when my alarm went off. I made a trip downstairs and then came back and watched the news. I watched the news from earlier in the morning and then took a little bit of a snooze. I got up later, got dressed and grabbed my breakfast.


After I ate, I took a little nap. Yup. I know, I really shouldn’t have, but I did. 


I got up later and went downstairs. I checked the snow situation outside and it was fine. It hadn’t snowed since yesterday. Yay for no shovelling!


I came back upstairs, watched some YouTube and then went downstairs and grabbed lunch. I had forgotten to buy cheese slices and something for my lunch yesterday, so I had to throw a few things together. It worked fine! I watched The Good Wife from Friday and enjoyed it. 


F popped back for a couple of minutes during the news at 4 pm, he said that he wouldn’t be late tonight. I took him at his word.


Around 5:30 I started to get ready to go downstairs. F called to say he was on his way, so I went downstairs to start preparing dinner. F didn’t come and didn’t come….after an hour, F called back to say that he was in Tsuruoka, but was stuck in a traffic jam. He didn’t know when he could get back. He told me later that there was a car accident that was slowing down traffic. A bus was in there and wasn’t able to move because the lanes are quite narrow with all the snow out there. 


He got back to the house sometime after 7:30 I think. Luckily I had everything ready to go, so I threw the meat in a pan and cooked the cabbage and everything else. It was on the table very quickly. We had a decent meal. I made steamed spinach, anchovy cabbage, sautéed some basil chicken and we had a salad on the side too. F and K had rice and we all had miso soup too. 


Of course, I got to do the dishes too. I didn’t mind too much as I listened to the Canadian news and then the first part of an interview with Phoebe Waller-Bridge of Fleabag fame. She’s very interesting.


I came upstairs and F was basically in bed.  We had a quiet evening in. He took a shower, I should have, but didn’t. It’s a little warmer tonight and is raining now, so I’m worried about the roads for F tomorrow. 


I watched Prodigal Son and then The Handmaid’s Tale. I enjoyed both of them. 


And that’s about it for my day. I did a little crochet in the afternoon too, so that was good. Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….


No comments: