April 4, 2021

Sunday - Cloudy and then rainy


I woke up this morning before my alarm, which really surprised me. F went downstairs to make food for his mother and I got up and eventually got dressed. When he came back upstairs we talked about where to go for our lunch. Since he had an appointment at 1:30 we decided to just go to Futaba up the road. We did and had a nice lunch. I didn’t have the cheapish lunch I usually have, I had the pork lunch and it was good. F had ginger pork. 


After lunch, we stopped near Tsuruoka Park and looked at the cherry blossoms. I was really surprised that the blossoms were out. F told me they were out a few days ago, it surprised me a lot. Usually, they come out just before Golden Week here. The trees looked lovely and the crowds weren’t big at all. 




Looking at the Chido Museum across the moat through the Cherry Blossoms.

Cherry Blossoms! I always forget how beautiful they are!

We went back to the car and drove off. F let me off at the mall and I went inside. I didn’t do a lot in the time I was there, but I did walk around a lot. I visited the hundred yen shop and the grocery store but ended up in the coffee shop of course. I stayed there until F came back. He got himself a drink and I got him to get me another one too. We stayed there for a while. 


After we finished our drinks we went out to the car and went to the grocery store. I picked up some groceries for the next couple of days. When we finished there, we went to Gyomu Super and I picked up a few more things. We got some frozen things and some things that will make my cooking life a little easier over the next few weeks. I hope!  I’m not really able to get to Costco for the next couple of weeks or months because of the pandemic, so Gyomu will have to do!


We came back to the house and I put the groceries away. We went upstairs for a little bit and relaxed. Around 6:30 I suggested to F that we might want to think about dinner.  I suggested a couple of places, one of which was Kula Sushi. He made a reservation for it and we went off to the restaurant a little later.


Dinner was okay. It wasn’t the greatest quality sushi, but I like the fun things they offer. Recently I’ve had their cheddar cheese tempura on rice and today I liked their salmon with basil sauce. That was good. 


We came back to the house after our meal and went our separate ways. I took a shower later on and F and I had a quiet evening in. 


That’s about it for today. It was a long day, but a good one. It was nice to get out in the park and see the lovely flowers, and it was nice to get some shopping done too. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: