April 5, 2021

Monday - Muggy then sunny


Today didn’t get off to a good start. I woke up before 7, made a trip downstairs. When I came back, F was getting up and had the light on. I tried to go back to sleep, but F is not exactly quiet in the morning. Last night before he went to bed, F had ramen. At 2:30 in the morning, he made himself ramen. In fact, I went to bed before he did. I was not impressed by him bringing stinky ramen to our room that late!


So, F left, but less than 5 minutes later he was back again. He didn’t have his keys. I suggested using his spare key, but he said he didn’t know where that was. Oh, good grief. I went downstairs to see if he’d left them in the kitchen last night, but I didn’t find them. 


I came back upstairs and he did find his keys, probably in yesterday’s clothes! He left and I stayed awake for a few minutes and then went back to sleep. I had changed my alarm when I went back to sleep and I ended up oversleeping again. Sigh.


I had a real problem today feeling motivated to do anything. I was tired and just feeling a bit off. Luckily I didn’t have anything that I desperately needed to do today. 


Around 5:30 I went downstairs to start on dinner. I made chicken but kind of took it a little too easy for the rest of the meal. I had planned to make some steamed carrots but talked myself out of it. We ended up having steamed mushrooms, salad, mustard chicken, pickles, mini tomatoes, rice for F and K and couscous for me.  It was quite good.


When I was doing the dishes I finished up Pride and Prejudice. I listened to a couple of podcasts too.  I’ll miss P&P. I’ve downloaded a version of Persuasion so hopefully, I’ll start that too. I feel like I need some Literature in my life again!


The evening was terribly quiet. F went to bed quite early and has been sleeping for ages. I watched The Good Wife at 11 pm which I enjoyed. I did a bit of crochet again tonight and got a couple of rows done which makes me happy!


Really, that is it for the day. I have a few things I want to do tomorrow like update my movie page and cook dinner, but apart from that, I’m not sure what I’ll do. Feel free to come back and see later on. Until tomorrow….

No comments: