April 6, 2021

Tuesday - Overcast then sunny and warm


I woke up early again this morning, but I was able to get back to sleep afterwards. F was also not noisy for a change so I was able to sleep.  I got up a bit later and then just as I was going to watch the news from early on, I got a phone call. 


A person representing the place that I’m hoping to work next month contacted me to see if I could meet up with her and discuss some of the terms of the organization. We arranged to meet over at Komagihara Park around 1 pm.


For the rest of the morning, I had my breakfast, sorted out something to wear later on and watched the news. 


Around 12:45 I said goodbye to K and walked over to the park.  At 1:00pm I met the person and we decided to go over to Cafe Studio Cinq.  We went in and had some tea while we had a discussion. Sad to say, it didn’t go as well as I hoped. The problem is that I’m not willing to work for free. Did I say problem? It’s not my problem! I’m not willing to work for peanuts.


She was nice enough to drive me back to the house and then she had to go. I came in the house, changed my clothes and grabbed my lunch. I gave K some lunch too. 


During the afternoon I watched a movie that I had recorded on the weekend. It was called Juliet, Naked and it was quite cute. It starred Ethan Hawke, Chris O’Dowd and Rose Byrne. O’Dowd and Byrne were a couple, but not a wildly successful one. He was a huge fan of a little-known rock singer, who ended up contacting his girlfriend. It was a bit odd but also funny. 


I watched the 4 pm news and then when F called I went down and started on dinner. Tonight I was making quite a good one. Earlier I had marinated some pork in a garlic soy sauce. I sautéed that, and made some potatoes au gratin, and also a kabocha and tuna salad. We had that with salad. F and K had some of her miso soup. I refused to have any since it had been sitting out on the stove for two nights. I’d get sick most likely. It isn’t cold enough now to do that kind of thing.


Dinner was actually pretty great. I liked my gratin potatoes, the kabocha was good and the pork was okay.  


I got to do the dishes afterwards. I listened to a couple of podcasts and then had a chat with F. I reminded him that we had to get groceries tonight.  He wasn’t feeling well again but agreed to go.


I changed my clothes to go out and then we went off to MaxValu. I got some stuff to make a stirfry tomorrow night and also some other things for Thursday and possibly Friday. 


We came back to the house and I put things away. F was doing something in the kitchen so I came upstairs and put on my pyjamas. I decided to fill up the kerosene tank in the heater. It was a little cold tonight. The only problem, there isn’t much kerosene. F told me there were two little tanks of it in the cupboard, but one was empty and the other was only half full. He did offer to go out and get more tonight, but I told him not to bother. Hopefully, we can get some tomorrow.


And that’s about it. I had planned to watch some TV but unfortunately, it was all repeats of shows I had watched on Saturday. I ended up on YouTube and F went to bed and slept. I’m really glad as he isn’t feeling that great.


So that’s it for me. Tomorrow I’m making dinner again and I’m not sure what else I’ll get up to during the day. Come back later if you want and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: