July 26, 2021

Monday - Hot, Sunny and Muggy


After I blogged in anger last night, there was great whining to get me to come to bed. Obviously, I am a child and need to be told when to go to bed. We had the air conditioner on, but it was on a little too high so was making the room quite cold. Of course, it was too cold for F and he got up and turned it off, whining about how if it wasn’t he’d wake up with a sore throat and nose. Eye Roll. I know it isn’t fun, but he wouldn’t open the windows to at least get fresh air in the room. 


In the morning I woke up at 6:30 in a pool of sweat. I got up and opened the windows, went downstairs. When I went back to bed F got up and turned on the AC. What?  The windows are open.  I had to get back up and close them. 


F left finally and I tried to go back to sleep for a little bit. It was pretty hard.  After 9 I started getting texts from F that he was trying to take time off next week. Huh? Didn’t we just talk about not wasting more of his days off? I guess he wasn’t listening. Then he texted to say he was coming back after 1:15 today. Not happy about that.


I went back to my computer and did a few things and then decided that I had better get some lunch.  F came back around the time I went downstairs to get lunch. When I was looking in the fridge, I noticed that K hadn’t eaten the lunch that F had bought for her last night, so I gave it to her then. 


I took my food upstairs, ate, and then felt like a nap. I put myself on the bed and there was F wrapped up in his quilt. It was ridiculous. It wasn’t warm, but it wasn’t quilt-worthy either. 


We had a big argument again in the afternoon about the air conditioner again. The funny thing is I never wanted to use it unless it was really hot, which it was today. 


F made himself a massage appointment and I asked if he wanted to eat early. Apparently, he didn’t want to eat at all. Sigh. I bought nice food last night.


I went downstairs around 5:30 and got a start on dinner. I did a pickled cucumber, washed some radishes, washed the salad, and then I decided to prepare some of the carrots I bought at Costco. Around that time, F decided that he had to make himself some ramen. I vacated the kitchen. He wanted to take his food upstairs so I moved off the stairs and got back to work.  I started cooking the carrots in the microwave and then I fried the pork. It all got done after F left and I set the table and invited K to join me. We had quite a nice meal. I even heard the fireworks tonight and told K. She beetled off to the kitchen to see and we did see a couple of the high ones. That was nice!


After dinner, I washed the dishes and listened to my podcasts. It was nice to hear Canadian news again, I haven’t heard any news for 5 days as it is all off in Japan. 


When F came back I was nearly done, so I went back upstairs. I had asked him if he’d bring milk and he’d forgotten, so he volunteered to go out again. He invited me, but I was shattered. I was so tired I said no. 


He came back a bit later and brought me some ice cream and snacks. I was so grateful for the ice cream. I really needed something like that!


The night is cool outside as there is a typhoon coming soon so I opened the windows and didn’t put on the air conditioner. F kept telling me that I could do it, but I really don’t want to. _I_ don’t like having it on all night, it is just that sometimes I need it!


I took a shower and then came back upstairs. After a bit, I asked if I could watch my show since F wasn’t watching the Olympics anymore. I did and it was great. I know that The Good Wife has been over for a long time, but I haven’t seen the end of it yet. I like it a lot. 


And that’s about it for my day. I did look at my lessons in the afternoon, so hopefully, I’ll be okay tomorrow. Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: