September 17, 2021

Friday - Cloudy and warm


I woke up at my usual time this morning, but went back to sleep for a couple more hours! When I did get up, I did a load of laundry and hung it up, and had breakfast too. 


I had tried to persuade F to go to the doctor but he wouldn’t go. He still isn’t feeling well. He spent a lot of time in bed today and didn’t really eat very much. I think he had some noodles before bed last night, not too much today either.


Around 2:30 I asked that we go somewhere so that I could have some lunch. We ended up at S-Mall so I went to Pizza Hut Express and had some pasta and a mini pizza with a drink. It was a reasonable set and I enjoyed it. When I finished it, I had an ice cream too! That was nice.


We went back to the house after I ate. F wasn’t up to any shopping. We spent a couple of hours at the house, then F went to get his mother a bento. While he did that, I got dressed. 


Tonight I wore a pair of grey leggings plus a dark grey dress. I took along the shawl that I made myself a couple of years ago again, I think it looked good. 


F got dressed and called us a taxi. We got to the restaurant right on time and were shown to our table. They had it set up with barriers between us, but when they realized that we were together, they took it down.


As we were first seated, we got a couple of visitors. The restaurant is part of a big company of restaurants and ceremony halls in Tsuruoka, specifically, the company that did our wedding. Two of the people that helped us with our wedding came to say hello and to thank us for visiting one of their restaurants for our special celebration. They comped us a small bottle of sparkling wine and wished us a good evening. It was lovely to see them, the woman, in particular, was very helpful with wedding things for me. 



We had a lovely meal, we had a lot of fish, some vegetables and finally a little bit of roast beef. Our sparkling wine was nice and when we finished it up, F had a beer and I had an umeshu. We had dessert, a very nice matcha pudding. I’m not a matcha fan, but this was good.  Then, the server brought out another tray. This one had two extra desserts on it for us! It was fruit and ice cream, and there was a congratulatory message around the plate too. It was so nice!

Some grilled fish, tempura, and soba.


Sashimi


Grilled Gindara with veggies


Tempura and deep-fried fish bones

Roast beef with rice, miso soup and pickles

Matcha pudding with roasted green tea


Our extra dessert-fruit and ice cream. Very nice!

We came back to the house by taxi and had a quiet evening in. F probably would have gone elsewhere if I’d wanted, but I’m too worried about him to want to add to his problems. 


It was a decent day. I did tell F in the morning that I found our anniversary rather underwhelming. I know he didn’t ask to be sick, but every time I suggest that he go to the doctor he comes up with a reason why he won’t. I think I’ll have to insist that he goes if he’s still feeling unwell tomorrow. 


There’s a new movie in the cinema, the reviews aren’t great, but it’s a new movie! It all depends if F is feeling any better. I’m hoping that tomorrow will be a good day and that we do get to go out and about a bit. It basically depends on how F feels. 


So that’s it. Come back later if you like and hear about Saturday. Until tomorrow…. 


No comments: