January 13, 2022

 Thursday - Cold and snowy


I went to bed much too late last night but got up at a reasonable-ish time this morning. More-ish than not though.  F made his mother some brunch, ramen of course, and then we went out for our lunch around noon. 


F chose his favourite fish restaurant, so we went there. I wasn’t really given a choice about it, but at least the place is a good restaurant. We were able to get a table with chairs and I had today’s special which was ginger pork with sashimi. F had a sashimi mix which he said was good. Mine was fine.  


After lunch, we went to the centre of the city and went to Aomoriya for coffee and pie. We both had cafe-au-lait and fruit pie. I had a mixed pie with lots of different fruit and F had a type of local grape pie. We were both quite pleased with our choices. 


We were going to head towards the house, but I suggested trying out the new drugstore near Machi-ne-kinema. F liked the idea, so we went there and had a look around. It was very cool, and there was a 100 yen shop in the middle of it. I got a shampoo refill amongst a few other things.


We headed back towards the house, and I suggested popping into the second-hand cd shop on the way. F was okay with that so we went in. I spent a while going through the shelves. I bought one cd, No Milk Today by Herman’s Hermits. I haven’t listened to it yet, but it sounded good. 


We came back to the house and spent a bit of time upstairs. I watched the news and worked on culling some of my groups that I moderate. 


F and I talked about dinner tonight and decided to go and have keiten sushi with K.  She hasn’t been out of the house for a bit. We went to Kappa-Sushi tonight and were able to get in right away. It wasn’t busy at all. We had a fairly decent meal there. We brought K back afterwards and F loaded the kerosene tanks into the car.


We went and bought some groceries at MaxValu and then went over to the gas station across time to pick up some kerosene and gas for the car. We got it and then came back to the house. I dealt with the groceries and let F deal with the kerosene. 


We came upstairs and relaxed. I watched The Rookie at 11 and I also did a bit more prep for the culling. I dislike this job, but it is better to do it and get it over with quickly.


I’ve been watching YouTube and working on my blog for a bit. It is getting late and I’d love an early night for a change, so I’ll bid you all adieu. Have a good night. Until tomorrow….

No comments: