January 15, 2022

Saturday - Warmer but a bit cloudy.


I went to bed so late last night, it was crazy. I did set my alarm for 9:00 am this morning. F was still with me but I thought he was going to the doctor. He didn’t go right away but did a little later. I got up a bit later. I heard a dreaded sound outside, the snowplough. Ack. 


I got dressed and went outside. The parking area did have a wall between it and the road, but it was a small one. However, when I went out into the road, there were huge snow boulders everywhere. Yikes.  I started clearing the snow. I broke up the biggest two of the boulders and put the snow off the road.  I was nearly finished when I noticed that the snowplough was on its way back. No!  I went into our yard and did some work there. Luckily, the snowplough didn’t block our gate again but did clear the road a little so that was good. 


I finished up the work and then went back into the house. I went upstairs and waited for F. 


He came back after 12 some time. He made something for his mother to eat and then asked me about going out. I requested Indian food and today he said yes. Yay! We drove over to the restaurant and had a pretty nice meal. Today their special was Butter Chicken, a dish I like, so we had that. I had medium heat, F had hot. 


After lunch, we went to S-Mall to go to Daiso. I’ve been collecting seals so that I could get a new pot and today and tomorrow are the last days of the pots.  I bought a few things but when I requested my pot, they were out of them. Wah!


F and I headed downstairs to go to the grocery store. We picked up some food for K’s dinner and then we headed back to the house. It was getting rather late by now and I was worried that we wouldn’t have time to deliver the bento AND go to the movie. However, we did.


At the house, F went in with the bento and gave it to his mother, then, we headed out to Mikawa. We were both a bit sleepy, I dozed a bit, but F said he was so I stayed awake to make sure he was!


We got to the cinema just in time. I used the machine to get the tickets and F bought the popcorn. We went in and I let F carry the drinks and popcorn while I went to the loo. I didn’t know where F was, so I checked the cinema - nope. I waited in the hall outside the cinema and it was quite a while before he came out. 


We went to our seats and watched House of Gucci. It was sort of fun and interesting, and a bit odd. It wasn’t the greatest movie ever, but I did like it. 


After the movie, F did another disappearing thing in the washroom. It was getting embarrassing standing in the hall waiting for him. 


We drove to the Across Plaza, going the long way around and then parked in front of the Daiso. Unfortunately, it had closed 4 minutes before. No! Blooming heck, F. 


We headed back into Tsuruoka. I was hoping for a family restaurant, but F wanted to go to a Yakiniku place on the main street. It’s a good place, but it has been years since we went there. We parked in Marica and then walked over to the restaurant. We were seated right away and had a good meal.


We had a Korean-style set, some chicken and some beef tongue, plus some vegetables. The food was good, but they don’t spend a lot of money on decor or seating. The seats were plastic crates with padding on the top. The customers tended to be quite young and quite noisy. 


After we finished, we walked back to Marica and drove back to the house. F hadn’t had any alcohol (neither had I!) so it was okay to drive back. We went upstairs and that was that. 


I watched a little TV and then turned it off. I’ve been watching some YouTube since then.  I’m blogging obviously too. 


That’s about it for me. I’m not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow. I’m hoping that we’ll go to a Daiso so I can get something for saving all those seals. I know that F wants to take K to the onsen in the morning. I hope to sleep instead!


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….


No comments: