January 16, 2022

Sunday - Warmer and clear, rain and thunder later on


I woke up a couple of times this morning but stayed in bed until 11ish. F was supposed to go off to the onsen this morning but didn’t. He got distracted by the news about the expected tsunami from the Tonga earthquake. He made breakfast for himself and his mother I think.


He came back upstairs and after a couple of hours offered to take me for lunch. It was quite late by then, but I said okay. I was hungry after all. We went to Coco’s and I had pasta with chicken in a sweet chilli sauce. That was rather interesting. It was spicy and good. We both had a piece of cake for dessert as it was on sale today. That was nice too. 


After we finally finished in the restaurant, we headed over to the hundred yen shop. I was able to finally get my little frying pan. Yay for me! They only had the frypan left! I grabbed it and paid, then we left.


We headed to Gyomu Super next and I picked up quite a few things there. I bought a whole small frozen chicken, some frozen onion rings, some treats for me and a few other things, like cereal.


After the Gyomu, we headed back to Pal and went to the grocery store there. I liked that one a lot. I picked up a bunch of things that I needed for making dinner for the next few nights. I’m defrosting the chicken and since I don’t know exactly when it will finish, decided to get something for Tuesday or Wednesday in case it isn’t finished defrosting by then. 


F and I bought a lot of stuff in the grocery store. F bought rice, so that was quite expensive. He’s started using his mother’s rice cooker. I’m just hoping that he doesn’t expect ME to use the rice cooker. I have no wish to use it. 


We came back to the house. F gave his mother her nice bento and then the two of us came up to our room for a while. We weren’t ready to eat yet.


Around 7 pm though, F started asking about food. He had no ideas though. I think it should be outlawed to start whining about food if you have no ideas where to go! I suggested looking for a place he wanted to try earlier today, and if they weren’t open, gave another couple of options. 


We headed out and completely missed the place he had suggested, but instead of turning around and looking longer for it, F just kept going. It was so annoying. I kept asking him where he was going but he had no idea.  The second place that I had suggested did have its lights on but had just closed when we got there. Darn F and his taking the long way again!  We ended up near MaxValu and F took us on this long and winding tour of houses and dead-end roads. It was horrible. I have no idea what the blazes he was doing. He did finally suggest a place but it was closed, as was the next one we tried.


Finally, I suggested three more places near where we were and told him to pick. He refused, so then I did. We went to the Udon place. I had meat udon with some tempura on the side, F had plainer udon with tempura too. It was fairly good.


We came back to the house after dinner and relaxed. F got ready for work and then vegged with his computer, I vegged with mine. We did have a pretty nice chat about family and travelling and stuff like that. We don’t often do a lot of talking, so I enjoy it when we do. 


And, that’s about it for my day. Tomorrow I have to prepare for Tuesday’s classes…just basically review what I’m teaching, and then hopefully get a start on my column which is due at the end of the month. Yikes.


Come back later if you like and hear all about my Monday. Until tomorrow….


No comments: