January 17, 2022

Monday - Cold and snowy now, clear earlier on.


I got up this morning when my alarm went off. I was surprised that I had slept all night, but I did. Woot. I had a quiet morning watching the news and then I’m afraid I took a nap. I didn’t wake up with my alarms either. I obviously needed it. 


I got up finally and got on with my day. It was quiet for the most part. I changed the towels downstairs and then came back upstairs. No big deal.


My afternoon was quiet too. I didn’t watch a movie, I finished up some YouTube videos and then I grabbed my lunch. I came back upstairs to eat. 


F called a little after 5 to say that he was on his way back. I went downstairs a little before 6, I tried to be earlier today, and got a start on dinner. It was a simple one today. Nothing too exciting. I did some chicken in the toaster oven, some broccoli with a spice mix I bought in the store and then some salad and rice. I had the last of the couscous from last week too. It was an okay dinner, nothing special, but that’s okay. Oh, we also had instant miso soup tonight. 


While I was preparing dinner, I got a delivery. My friend had sent me a Christmas present in November and it finally arrived. Poor thing! I wonder if she thought I was being rude and not thanking her for it. 


After dinner, I did the dishes and the putting away of stuff. It wasn’t too bad tonight, just took a while. I did my usual listening to podcasts thing. 


When I finished I went upstairs and grabbed the almost empty but not quite kerosene tank from our heater and filled it up downstairs. F was a nice guy and brought it upstairs for me. 


We had a quiet evening in. F was tired, I am too. I took a shower and then came back to watch The Good Wife. F was basically asleep when I came back into the room. 


That’s really about it for me for tonight. I didn’t start writing my column yet, although I did start jotting down a few ideas for it. They might work. This is the worst part, the theme of the Journal doesn’t really work for my movies, sad to say. I just need the idea first!


In any case, I have work tomorrow and I’m a little tired, so I’m going to end this now. Come back later if you want and hear all about my Tuesday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: