June 21, 2022

Tuesday - Hot and muggy


Hey, it was the longest day of the year today!


When I went to bed last night, F woke up and was rather fussy. He said he couldn’t sleep and was tossing and turning a bit. I was tired and I wanted to sleep so wasn’t quite as patient as I should have been! Still, I fell asleep and I think he did too.


This morning, I woke up with my alarm and got myself up and out of the room fairly early. I went downstairs and after did the watching news thing I do. I got up and then went downstairs. I grabbed breakfast and then came upstairs and ate.


I had a quiet day today for the most part. Well, sort of. It was quiet within this house, but the house being built next door was terribly noisy. There were beeps and motors, all right outside the house. Ugh. I barely saw K, she spent most of the day in bed I think.


I watched a bit of TV off the DVR today and another episode of James May in Japan. I think I’d like it more if I hadn’t lived in Japan for so long. His terrible pronunciation annoys me more than it should. I also found a few series I should check out as they are types I am interested in. Unfortunately, Orphan Black costs money to watch. Sigh. 


F called me around 5:45 and said he was nearly here. He called me from the road rather than from the parking lot at work. Yikes. I went downstairs and got ready to make dinner. Unfortunately, F said that he didn’t want to eat. Damn! I had bought a lot of food for tonight since I thought he’d be eating with us. 


Tonight I made Buta-Tama-Kimchi stir-fry and a really nice spicy tofu bake dish that I found on Youtube. That was good! I felt sorry for F that he wouldn’t eat.


K and I ate and then she went to bed. I did the dishes, listened to a few podcasts and then went upstairs. It was dark in our room. I was walking across the room and luckily I felt something with my toes. F had just dropped his backpack and other stuff right at the foot of my bed, right where I walk to either go to bed or to my desk. What the heck was he thinking?  He wasn’t of course. He was fairly asleep, and asked me where I had been! He told me a little later that he thought it was 3 am rather than 9 pm!


F ended up going out to grab a few things. I did up the cans in the kitchen and then put them in the genkan for F to take out in the morning. Not in his way I might say! I took a shower and when I was done I grabbed my ice cream (F’s little present!) and went back upstairs. I watched FBI Most Wanted and then turned off the TV. The Handmaid’s Tale season 4 starts tonight but I am going out tomorrow so I wanted to get my usual stuff done so I could go to bed at a decent time! 


So, that’s about it for me really. Tomorrow I’m off to Mikawa Mall to meet with a friend for a while. It’s supposed to be really hot tomorrow morning so I’m not sure how I’m going to make it to the bus stop! I think I might need my parasol or a big hat at the least. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: