June 29, 2022

 Wednesday - Hot and mostly sunny


Oh, before I get into the update proper, I won’t be updating tomorrow night as I’m going out of town. F and I are going to go to Yamagata and make a Costco run. We’ll leave after he finishes work tomorrow and return on Friday. Please don’t worry too much about me. I should be back on Friday night!


I woke up properly this morning when my alarm went off. Yes, I did wake up a little bit when F left, but did fall back asleep again. I went downstairs and K and I did a bit of a dance about going to the toilet first! I got there first, but did try to get myself out faster than usual!


I had a quiet morning. The building was going on next door and was a bit noisy, and it was so darn hot. The temperature was about 27 in here when I got up, it went up to 30 quickly. I managed not to turn on the AC for a long time. 


I had breakfast and later lunch. I realized I had forgotten to buy myself some cold meat for my sandwiches, but that was okay. I used nut butter instead. 


While I ate I watched the last episode of James May in Japan. It was okay, but I’m glad that they stopped at one series. 


I watched the news and then went downstairs a little early to start dinner. While I was in the kitchen, F called to say he’d be a bit late! I wanted to be downstairs early to catch the delivery that F had arranged to be redelivered. It arrived, but K was the person who received it. Oh well, at least one of us was able to get the door.


For dinner tonight I made a chicken stir fry out of some chicken with onion, zucchini and mushrooms. It was rather nice. We also had some leftovers from the last few days too. Dinner was nice and there were a few leftovers for K’s lunch tomorrow…and maybe mine too!


I was cleaning up after dinner and did the dishes. After the dishes were done, I did up the garbage. I asked F about a couple of things in the fridge, with an eye to throwing them out. He wanted to eat them. Say what?  He ate some noodles from the weekend and some pork that was over a week old. Okay. He started to come in the kitchen and wanted stuff to accompany his food and was getting in my way while I was trying to do up the garbage for the week. It was so annoying. He was yelling at me for getting in his way…but the thing was if he had waited 10 minutes at the most I would have been finished and he could have had the kitchen to himself. Argh! I’d also like to point out that he’d just eaten a complete meal that I cooked especially and needed old noodles and gross meat. Okay fine.


I went upstairs and left him to whatever he was doing. I thought about taking a shower and when F came up he was fine. We talked about what we’d do on this long weekend and I pointed out that I would like to do a Costco run, so F suggested that we go this weekend. We also talked about staying in a hotel, so I said that I would look into it. I took my shower and when I came back upstairs did. F took his shower and I looked for a hotel while I watched Grey’s Anatomy.


When he came back he said that he couldn’t go on Friday night as he has to go to the doctor’s office on Saturday. So, I checked and we were able to get a decent room for tomorrow night in Yamagata city. I’m hoping that we’ll have a good time!


And that’s about it for me. F is sleeping and I should get some sleep soon. I’m going to have to do a lot of laundry tomorrow and also pack a suitcase. I hope that this little impromptu trip goes well. 


So, I’ll most likely talk to you again on Friday night. Until Friday….


No comments: