April 28, 2023

Friday - Warm and Sunny


Well, today was a little bit different so that was good. I woke up early, went downstairs and then came back in time to watch the 12 minutes of BBC news. When it was over I spent a little time channel surfing and checking my phone before going back to bed. I snoozed for a while. 


I was rudely woken up at 9:45 when the siren on my phone went off. I looked at my phone, but didn’t see anything about a missile so tried to go back to sleep. Two minutes later, F called to tell me that the siren was just a test. Whew. I wasn’t worried enough I guess. 


Although I did try to go back to sleep, my first alarm was due to ring in about 3 minutes, so I just got up. I’m very glad that I did. 


I decided to do a couple of loads of laundry so I did. In between the loads, I swept the stairs up to our room. They look much better now!


I had a fairly quiet afternoon. I watched another episode of The One That Got Away and it was odd, but somehow compelling. It wasn’t as annoying/cloying as The Bachelor but we’ll see how it goes. 


F called to say he was on his way and was bringing flowers. He’d got them at work. I went downstairs and got to work on dinner. I did a low-key dinner again tonight. I had bought frozen shrimp gratin at the store this week and served them (heated up of course) and salad and some sliced duck. With them, I made a sort of sliced onion marinade and that was very nice. 


F brought the flowers and when he was lifting the vase to put them in, broke it. Oh, dear. I let him use one of my vases, but it was very small in comparison. For some reason, K just plunked the flowers in and didn’t take off the newspaper wrapping first!


Dinner was great and got good reviews. It didn’t take too long to clean up afterwards and so I went upstairs. I got changed and then F and I went out. 


We hit up a drugstore first. F needed some stuff, but so did I. I got stuff for the house and for me too.


We decided to go over to Mosburger for a drink and or dessert. They have recently built a new store near the old one’s location. Well, it is beautiful. It is so nice inside. There are actual chairs and tables, plus benches, comfortable ones. It looks so much nicer than any McDonald's I’ve seen.


F had a coffee milkshake and I had an iced tea and a strawberry dessert. The dessert was okay.  I wanted to go out with F so that he’d spend a bit of time with me. I’m having dinner out tomorrow night with friends so thought he might appreciate having me all to himself. However, he chose to watch TikTok videos instead. I wasn’t able to connect to the wifi in the restaurant so I read one of the books on my phone. This was about shifters and a human who could see ghosts! It has its moments and I am quite enjoying it! 


We came back to the house after a while. F put on his phone in the car, but while he was doing that I told him that he had two apps going at the same time. He didn’t really believe me, but after he set off, he realized that I was correct. He was playing both YouTube and TikTok at the same time. Crazy man. He turned them both off. Yay. 


At the house, I got into my pjs and watched an episode of The Red Green Show. It was supremely silly. After that, I turned off the TV and watched a bit of YouTube. And now…you’re up to date.


I’m not sure what I’ll be doing in the early part of the day, but in the evening I’m going to have dinner with friends. I’m looking forward to it. 


I should be back tomorrow night to report on my day. Golden Week is just starting tomorrow as well, but I have no plans to go anywhere. I will have some visitors during the week though, so that might be nice!


That’s it for me for today. Come back later if you like and hear about my Saturday. Until tomorrow...





 

No comments: