April 30, 2023

Sunday - Rainy, cloudy and warm


A good day.


I got up this morning to a phone full of messages. After I came back from downstairs, I tried to answer a few. I wanted to go back to bed, but somehow I didn’t. It’s a bit sad really.


F wanted to go for lunch and he had a plan.  He suggested going to Fujishima, which we did. He even made a reservation…wow!


We drove off to Shonai-Machi (I think that is the name now) and after a little faff with the wrong branch of the restaurant, were seated and ordered.


We both had pork saute which came with some veggies, rice, coffee, soup and salad. It was very nice and the restaurant itself was cool. It was an old warehouse so the room itself was bordering on cold. There was a heater going so the room was at an okay temperature.


We paid and then went back to Tsuruoka. We decided to go to the craft show in the park across the street from us. However, I got a message from a friend who said it was really muddy and, boy, was it! I was wearing my two-month-old new shoes, porous as heck and they were getting covered in mud and were just about to get wet. F was using his stick and I was worried that if he slipped and fell he might do even more damage to his knees. He said it wasn’t an issue, but it was for me. AND, my shoes! F was a bit mad at me, but I did say that I would come back if he’d take me back to the house to change my shoes. I think he didn’t get that though.


We decided to do some grocery shopping so I went into the store and did some shopping. I also picked up the third plate that I had saved up the stickers for, so that was neat. I’ll have to wash it tomorrow, hopefully.


We brought the groceries back to the house and I put them away. I went upstairs and relaxed for a while. I had bought a bento for K’s dinner today so we didn’t have to go and get her one. That was nice. We talked about going for yakiniku for dinner tonight, so F agreed. He called our favourite place and made a reservation (twice in one day! Goodness!)


We drove to the restaurant and were seated right away. We ordered a few things to eat and then cooked it ourselves. It was very nice. We had a time limit and had to be out by 8pm and we made it. I’m not sure why we had to finish by 8 pm, but…


After dinner, I asked that we go over to the PAL shopping area. I wanted to go to Daiso, which I did and picked up a few little things, then I went to the drugstore to pick up some detergent for F and for myself. 


We came back to the house and put things away. We relaxed, had a bit of cake that F bought a few days ago and then I watched some things off the Fire Stick. First I watched The Power and then Sanditon. Both were about young women and were great watches.


F hasn’t been feeling well tonight. Something he ate today didn’t agree with him, so I’m a tad worried about him. He also has to go back to work tomorrow, so I hope he’ll be okay.


That’s it for me for tonight. Tomorrow I’ll be back to usual for one more day. F is taking off Tuesday, so my Golden Week starts a little early. 


Come back later if you wish and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow…. 


No comments: