May 15, 2023

 Monday - Sunny and warm


I woke up this morning around 7:45 when my alarm went off. F was already awake. He decided not to go to work and had already called in to say that he couldn’t go.  He slept for a bit longer, as I did after the news. Later on, he went out to the dentist and I stayed back at the house. 


While he was gone, I watched the morning news and grabbed my breakfast. I haven’t eaten brekkie for a couple of days so it was nice to get back to that. 


F came back after one I think. The dentist had done something, and told him why he thinks his headaches are happening…he’ll go back tomorrow evening he said.


I had my lunch and reminded F that his bento from last night still existed. He had it for lunch. After lunch, he headed out again to see the doctor. So, this was good, he did both. I didn’t want him to go back to work and have to say that he took two days off and didn’t go to the doctor!


When F came back he was tired. It was nearly time for me to make dinner, so I asked if he wanted to have dinner with me and his mother. He didn’t. Sigh. 


Around 6 I went downstairs and got started on dinner. I did a bog-standard chicken bake in the toaster oven, plus some macaroni cheese from a mix, plus a few mushrooms and also a salad. 


K had gone back to bed so I set the table, texted F to see if he’d changed his mind about dinner (no) and then got K up. The two of us had a pretty nice dinner. For K, I heated up some of the bamboo stew that she had made on Friday. I refuse to eat it because she doesn’t refrigerate it so it has sat on the stove since Friday or Saturday. AND, more importantly, the meat she used was in the fridge for a bit too long. It was some of F’s stuff that he buys for making noodles and it was over a week old when she got hold of it. I do not have a cast iron stomach, so didn’t want to risk my health on it. 


K finally joined me and we ate. She had some of her stew and we watched the news (in English since I had grabbed the remote before she got up!). Dinner was pretty good. I was quite sad that F missed it though. 


After we finished, I put the food away. I made a plate for F, a plate for K’s lunch and a small plate for mine too. I did the dishes and listened to the Canadian news and then a movie podcast. I enjoyed that.  The fires in the central part of Alberta are easing slightly and people are being allowed to go back to their homes, but everyone is still being cautious since it is still so dry. Fire can hide under the ash and flame up. 


After I finished the dishes, I went upstairs and found F still in the room. I relaxed for a bit with some YouTube and then went downstairs and took a shower. I came back upstairs later and that was that. I watched more YouTube and got started blogging.


So, really that was my day. I think that F will be going back to work tomorrow, at least that is his plan. If I’m honest, I really worry that he might be going back too soon, but on the other hand, I don’t know. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. What do I get up to on Tuesday? Until tomorrow….


No comments: