May 17, 2023

Wednesday - Hot and Sunny, Rainy at night


I woke up this morning around 6:30, made a trip downstairs and then went back to sleep. When my alarm went off, I was surprised that I was so asleep. F had left for work already. Hurray! He made it.


I got up, watched the news and then got dressed and ate my onigiri. I left the house at 9:10 or something and got to the bus stop about 10 minutes early! I am really glad that I wore my sun hat this morning because the sun was very strong and it was very hot. When the bus came, I got on and rode the bus to S-Mall. The bus wasn’t very busy, but there were people on the bus. I am always happy when people ride the bus, I want them to keep this bus going!


At S-Mall I got off the bus and a few minutes later got on the one to S-Mall. Sadly in Tsuruoka, there aren’t any transfers. In Edmonton, I think you can ride the bus and change to another one within 90 minutes for the same flat rate. Here we have to pay for each bus separately and it isn’t a flat rate. It depends on how far you go. Of course, Edmonton is a huge city, and Tsuruoka is a smaller city, but it would be nice if I didn’t have to pay so much!


The bus ride was nice and I made it to the mall quickly. Once I got to the mall I went in and then went along the mall and took care of some business. I deposited some coins at the post office and then put money in another account to make sure that it stays open! I haven’t used it in ages. I also went upstairs and bought my movie ticket. Woot!


I had to wait a few minutes until 11 am when the restaurant opened. When it did open, I went in and ordered lunch. I had carbonara and a salmon and avocado salad. They were quite nice.  


I went upstairs at noon and went into the theatre. I got some popcorn and a drink and when they let us into the cinema, I found my seat. Today I watched Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 and it was great. I enjoyed it so much. It had some very difficult scenes about Rocket’s past, but overall, I enjoyed the film. I laughed a lot, came close to crying, and thought this was a very worthy final act for the Guardians.


After the movie, I treated myself to a little Baskin-Robbins. That was nice. I had two of my favourite flavours today,  Jamoca Almond Fudge and Love Potion 31. Yum.


I walked down the mall and looked quickly at the clothing. There were only a few things that I was interested in at all, but I didn’t have time to try them on. I checked out the sock area, then the grocery area. I got a few things there. There was nothing in the craft shop today either. F called me to say that he was just leaving work and I suggested meeting me by the main door near the food court. A few minutes later, he picked me up and we drove back to Tsuruoka.


We returned to the house and F changed and then left again to go and see his dentist again. I stayed at the house. 


When F finished at the dentist he came back to the house and picked me up. We went to the local grocery store and I got a bento for K and also some onigiri for F and K’s breakfast, plus a couple of lunch packs for Friday morning. 


We brought the food back to the house. F asked me to go in and give the bento to K, which I did. She seemed happy to get it. I took the other stuff upstairs and left it. 


F and I went to Gusto for dinner. I had a burger with a couple of pieces of fried chicken on it, he had unagi. He didn’t like it that much. 


After dinner, we went to the drugstore and then I hit up the grocery store. I got stuff for dinner for the next couple of nights and some staple things. 


We came back to the house and I put the food away. I went upstairs and relaxed for a while and then took a shower. Before I did that, I did up the garbage in the kitchen and upstairs in my room. Well, my garbage anyway. Hopefully, F will put it out tomorrow morning.


How is F feeling? He told me that he felt well in the morning as I texted him from the mall, however, this evening he is doing badly again. He’s got a headache and a temperature and just can’t get comfortable. He may or may not go to work tomorrow, it depends on how he is feeling in the morning. 


That’s about it for me for today. Tomorrow if F goes to work, I have a few things to catch up on, like laundry. I have to do some as when he’s around I usually don’t bother. However, I need clean clothes! I also have a column to start that I need to get done by the end of the month. I haven’t even got a clue what to write about this time though. 


And then I have to cook dinner too!


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….


No comments: