May 18, 2023

Thursday - Hot and sunny…really hot


Well, F didn’t go to work again today. Sigh. I woke up at 7:45 and went downstairs, he called his office soon after. I watched the news and then went back to bed for a while.  F went to see his doctor again as the doctor closes in the afternoon. 


I snoozed until 10 then got up and started doing a load of laundry. F came back soon after as I was getting ready to eat my breakfast.  I did two loads of laundry today, and it was about time!


I hung up the laundry and for the rest of the day basically just stayed in my room. F slept a lot and that was a good thing. He’s sounding rather stuffed up today like he has a bad cold or something. I feel bad for him. 


I went downstairs around 6 pm to get started on dinner. Tonight I made an eggplant dish, plus a salad from baby lettuce leaves (I got to use my new salad spinner and it was GREAT!) I cooked some chicken drumsticks in my air-fryer as well. F and K had rice as well. Oh, and there was tofu too. I had planned to make another dish with leftovers but I ran out of time.


F was expecting a delivery tonight so I turned on the outside light so that the delivery person could see to come to the door. I had to keep an eye on the light as K is prone to turn off the lights without asking. She didn’t tonight, but…


The delivery arrived and I took it up to F. I turned off the outside lights of course. Two seconds after I started up the stairs, she was at the door checking to see if it was locked. Okay, it is her house. However, over the evening, she proceeded to check the door at least 3 more times. No idea why. 


F came down for dinner tonight and we had a fairly good one. No one said anything nice, but they didn’t say anything bad either!


I cleaned up afterwards and listened to my usual podcasts. It was so hot in the kitchen tonight, but it was much cooler downstairs than it is upstairs. Our room reached 29 degrees today. Yikes.


I had a fairly quiet evening tonight. One of my favourite films of last year was on WOWOW tonight, Annette. It was great to be able to see it again. I liked it a lot. It’s an unusual movie about a couple of show people. It starred Adam Driver and Marion Cotillard.  


That was pretty much it for today. I did forget to mention that when I went downstairs for the first time today, K was cleaning in the kitchen. She has a big thing about the kitchen sink. I use a basin in the sink so to be honest, I don’t care about the sink. I’m not the only person who uses the sink.  Last night when I did up the garbage, I did a very, very quick spot clean of the sink and the corner garbage box. Well, this morning, K was going to town on the sink. Hey, it’s her house!


Oh, one last thing. Tonight, I replaced the elastic in a pair of pyjama bottoms that I wanted to wear tonight. The old elastic had gone off and was totally sprung. Well, I replaced it tonight. Yay me. 


I gotta go. Most likely talk to you tomorrow night. Until then.


No comments: