May 19, 2023

 Friday - Rainy, humid and a little cooler


I woke up this morning when my alarm went off. I got up, went downstairs and then watched the news. I was not alone. F called in sick again. His headache was still with him and he had a really high temperature. 


After the news, I went back to sleep and so did F. I ended up waking up after noon. I was shocked with myself. Sigh.


I got up and stayed up though. I had a late breakfast and a late lunch too. I watched some news. F snoozed and watched things on his phone.


I went downstairs around 6 pm to make dinner. F had said that he didn’t want to have any. Sigh. I decided to do the thing that I thought about doing last night. I took leftovers from earlier in the week, made more pasta and added a can of white sauce. I cut up some cheese and added it too, so basically, I made a macaroni and cheese with ground meat casserole. It turned out fairly well! I also washed some lettuce and cut up a cucumber for a little bit of stuff on the side. While I heated up the casserole, I washed up my dishes and then I set the table. I woke up K.


We had a fairly decent dinner. The casserole was quite nice, a little bland, but fine. F came down in the middle but didn’t eat. He made K check her temperature. She had put the thermometer under her arm but she couldn’t hear the beeping! I tried to get her to take it out, but she wouldn’t. I just shake my head sometimes. 


I went upstairs when I finished the dishes and made ready to go out. F and I had planned to go out. He needed medicine and I needed a break!


We went to three different drugstores, looking for one with a pharmacist to sell F the pain reliever he wanted. Of course, it was after 9 pm, so no pharmacists on duty. When he gave up, I suggested going for a drink or an ice cream and gave him a choice of places. I let him pick. 


We ended up at Starbucks where we were able to get a seat tonight. Yay. I ordered. F had his usual Frappucino and I had a chamomile tea latte. I didn’t want caffeine in the evening. Mine was great, I think F liked his drink. He wanted to leave as he was cold, so we came back to the house. I really needed that mental break from the house. F kept asking me all day if I wanted to go shopping (meaning grocery shopping) but I really didn’t. I do not get off on grocery shopping, I don’t know why he thinks I enjoy it! I hate it. 


I took a shower fairly soon after coming back, and then it was F’s turn. While he was downstairs, I watched an episode of Fringe and then turned off the TV. 


I’m not sure what is going to happen this weekend. If F was his normal self, I’d say we’d go and see a movie, but I’m not sure if we’ll be able to. Fast X starts this weekend. If I don’t see it this weekend, I may do the same thing I did this week and take myself out to the mall to see it. I have no problems with that!


Anyway, come back later if you like and hear all about my Saturday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: