May 20, 2023

Saturday - Hot and Sunny


F and I slept in a bit late this morning. He got up and made his mother something to eat he said. I got up around 11 and started to get dressed. When F came back upstairs he asked if I was ready to go out. Very nearly!  F wanted me to think about lunch places so I did.


We first headed to the drugstore where F finally got some of the pain reliever he needed. We picked up some more sports drinks as well. After the important things were done, F and I decided to have lunch. I suggested going to Kintaro Sushi. It was a good idea. We did have to wait for a few minutes, but then we were seated and had some yummy sushi. It’s been ages since we went there for lunch.


During lunch, F had said that he’d like to get a new t-shirt or something to wear. The silly guy had left the house wearing a Canadian sweatshirt! He was roasting since it was rather warm today. I wanted to go and see a movie today as well, so we decided to go out to the mall. 


F drove us out there. At first, we parked near Aeon and went in. F looked at shirts and kept turning his nose up at them. I think he wanted something nice but also cheap. He looked around and found (finally) a sporty shirt which he bought. He picked up some underwear and I picked up a pair of socks for myself. 


F went into the washroom with his new shirt and changed into it. He looked soooo much cooler after he did that. We went back to the car and drove around to the movie side of the mall.


I kept checking with F to see if he was really okay with going to a movie. He said that he was. Yay.


We went into the mall and had a cold drink at Doutor. That was nice. After that, we went upstairs and went to see Fast X. It was great. Of course, it was supremely silly and the stunts were unbelievable, but you know what…it was fun. Sometimes that is all you need! F did have to leave the movie in the middle for a few minutes, but he came back soon after. Earlier, I had suggested that he bring his sweatshirt with him as the cinema can get rather cold and I’m glad he listened. He got so cold that he had to put his sweatshirt back on!


After the movie, we drove back to Tsuruoka and stopped to get K a bento and something for later on. We drove back to the house and gave K her bento. I put our shopping upstairs and then we were off again.


Tonight F and I went to Youme Shokudo, the little Japanese place near the main Post Office. We were lucky enough to get in and get a table to ourselves too. F had kara-age or fried chicken and I had chicken Namban. Our meals were good and it was good to support a local restaurant again. 


We came back to the house after our meal.  I spent a bit of time on my computer then went over to the bed to have a nap for a few minutes. I woke up 2 hours later!  I got up and at 11 watched an episode of FBI. It was the last episode of the season. Hurray. 


And that’s about it for my day. It was one of the best I’ve had in the last couple of weeks. F is still under the weather a bit, but I think his getting out of the house and being out and about did him a world of good as well. 


I hope he feels better tomorrow too. I’m not sure what I’ll get up to, but I’m sure that there will be some grocery shopping too! Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: