May 2, 2023

Tuesday - Sunny and warm


I woke up this morning around 10:30 this morning and went downstairs. I didn’t go back to bed and a little later, F got up too. We had a lazy morning around the house. F’s sister came over to take her mother to the doctor, so they left. 


I couldn’t get F moving which was rather annoying. I had hoped to go out today, but he wouldn’t. After his mother came back he disappeared for a long time. I got it into my head that he was making lunch for his mother so went downstairs to check. He was taking a shower and came out of the bathroom as I was on my way downstairs. Oops. I was wrong!  Happily, he was then ready to go out.


We only had a short time for lunch so we went to Gusto. They had their lunch special available today so we had that. We had to leave before 3 as that was when F’s appointment was. We did, but as usual, F had forgotten something. He forgot the intro letter to the dentist from his surgeon. Eyeroll. He left me off in the shopping area and went back to the house to find it. 


I spent a pretty nice time wandering around. I had a look in Tsutaya, the DVD rental place. They had a few carts set up selling off CDs and I had a look. The CDs were only 220 yen each, so I ended up getting 3. They were multi-artist cds from Britain. I’ve bought some of them before and they are hella expensive brand new. 


Next, I went up to the hundred yen shop and did a little snoop. I got a few things, including a couple of reusable straws to see if I like them or not. Do I want to carry them around in my handbag? No idea!


I did a quick tour of the drugstore and then went to the grocery store. In Mina, there’s a little cake shop that sells coffee so I went there and had an iced coffee and sat and waited for F to finish. He took ages!


He came back to pick me up around 5:30. The dentist took a long time and he has to do more work on F too. Sigh.


We went over to the glasses shop where I got my eyeglasses as I wanted to get a replacement for my “out of the house” glasses. They have recently become rather scratched up and the nose piece on one side has broken off. I thought that since I was there anyway, I might as well get my eyes checked as it has been a year or two. Well, she checked my eyes and actually suggested that I see an eye doctor. She isn’t a doctor so didn’t say that there was something wrong, but thinks there could be. Of course, with the holiday, we won’t be able to make an appointment for a few days. I’ll have to remind F.


We decided to get K a bento from a nearby restaurant and then F suggested that we get some for us too. Since I’m going out for dinner tomorrow night I think it was a decent idea. We picked bentos, waited a few minutes and then took them back to the house. 


K was up and happy to see us I think. It’s hard to tell honestly!  I got the bentos on the table and we ate. The bentos were fine. Mine was okay, not as good as I hoped. I washed the drinking glasses afterwards and the bento boxes so we could recycle them. I went upstairs then.


I relaxed for a while before taking a shower and then watching FBI: Most Wanted and then Yellowstone. It was pretty good today. F went to bed as he has an early appointment. I may have an early morning too as I’m meeting people at Tsuruoka Park tomorrow. Not sure when they’ll arrive. It could be weird, or it could be great.


That’s it for me for today. Tomorrow if I’m tired, I possibly won’t update, but we’ll see how it goes. Don’t miss me too much!


Come back later if you like and hear all about my exciting day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: