May 3, 2023

Wednesday - Sunny and hot


Today was generally a lovely day. It was a little hot for me and I was out in the sun almost all afternoon, so I want to get to bed very soon. I’m tired!


I slept until 10:30 or so and then got up. I realized that F was going to be on his way back from his massage any minute, so I should get moving. I dressed. F came back but he didn’t bring the breakfast for his mother that I had suggested. He brought ice cream all round. I turned mine down because I needed some breakfast or something that would keep me going for a while.  He went downstairs and made his mother something to eat, but for some reason, not for himself. I went down and toasted some bread for myself and had it with cheese and chocolate raspberry jam. I brought it up to eat and then F announced that he’d go and make his breakfast. I asked him to wait because my friends were arriving in Tsuruoka Park and I needed him to drive me there. Of course, I hadn’t quite finished my toast so it didn’t seem too fair to him. 


F grudgingly and not happily drove me to the park and dropped me off outside the park. I had a few minutes where I tried to find my friends before I finally found them. We were still a couple of people short, but they turned up soon enough.


We did a little walking through the park and I took everyone over to the little bagel shop. We debated eating at the bagel place, but it was hot and we needed shade. We ended up back at Tsuruoka Park in the brand new sun shelter to eat. There were picnic tables in there, so we were able to sit together and eat.


We spent a bit of time walking through the park and went over to the Chido Museum to have a look.  We spent quite a bit of time there…it is a fascinating place and we enjoyed it. We looked at the sashiko examples and we looked at my lovely garden, we got pictures taken by another visitor and then we left the museum. We went into another museum but didn’t spend a whole lot of time there. 


We came back to the cars. The others had to go to their hotel, but I had nothing to do. I was tired, so decided to go back to the house. One of the ladies drove me back to the house and I went in.  F was still a bit grumpy, but thawed soon afterwards. He offered me ice cream, which I took.


I took a bit of a nap too. I was just so tired. After that, I got dressed again, and F drove me to the restaurant. We waited for a few minutes and just when I was going to go in and let them know that the others were late, my friend from the next city arrived. We went in together and grabbed seats at the table. 


The others came in soon afterwards and took their seats. We had a great meal.  We had a lovely green salad, followed by asparagus penne with gorgonzola sauce, then a chicken paella. Everything was so nice. Some of the ladies had some wine and some of us had a soft drink. I had an elderberry soda that was quite nice. For dessert, we had Japanese style pudding, but it had ice cream in the middle of that. We all had requested no caffeine tea earlier, so we were given rooibos tea to drink. It was a lovely meal and everyone was quite impressed with the place we went. We paid and then went out to the parking lot. We had two cars as we were going in two directions, so there were hugs all around and then we left.  


My friend brought me back to the house and then she went off on the road back to her home in Sakata. 


I came upstairs and talked with F a little bit. I made some hot water and I had tea, F had coffee. He’s not mad anymore, which I’m glad about. I don’t think he did too much today, but maybe he got a bit of a rest because I was out and not bothering him all of the day!


I’m not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow. There’s a faint chance that I’ll meet up with a friend for lunch, but other than that, I hope to spend a fairly quiet day.


So, that’s it for me. Come back later if you like and hear all about my Thursday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: