May 21, 2023

Sunday - Hot and sunny, a bit muggy


F and I slept in this morning. He didn’t sleep that well last night, I was fine, I just went to bed a bit late. I finally dragged myself out of bed after 11 I think. We talked about where to go for lunch, but since we didn’t have anything for K’s lunch decided to get her food first. We hit up the grocery store, I went in and grabbed something for her. We delivered it back to the house, I took the other shopping I got upstairs for us.


F and I then headed out to Jiro and had lunch there. F had suggested it yesterday but we were able to get into the sushi place. We had to wait a couple of minutes but were able to get a good seat. We both had the same thing, our favourite. It was pork sauteed in garlic oil. There were lashings of onions on top and I managed to splash myself with the garlic oil and onions too. Sigh. We had a nice meal and paid and left. 


Next up, we went to the grocery store. I went in and did the shopping. We’re going to have chicken wings and a pork stir-fry over the next couple of days. 


We came back to the house and put away the groceries. F wasn’t feeling well, so we came upstairs and relaxed for a while. F took a nap, and I spent time on my computer. 


After a long while, it was time to think about dinner. I had bought K a bento for her dinner earlier, so I asked F to heat it up for her. He did and then we headed out. 


Tonight we went out to Kushibiki to the little restaurant there. We had to wait a couple of minutes to get a table, but it is always a busy place. We both had variations of the same thing. I had mapo-dofu on yakisoba, and F had mapo-dofu ramen! We both enjoyed our meals a lot.


We paid and then came back to Tsuruoka. I had asked to go to S-Mall earlier…well, it was now closed, so I suggested going to the Daiso near the MaxValu we go to sometimes. F obliged me.


He parked outside and I went into the store. I didn’t get too much. I checked the yarn but didn’t buy any, then went over to the munchies section and got a few things. Nothing too extravagant. 


I paid and left the store. They have self-checkout and today it worked for me! I’ve often had problems with the one at that store. 


F and I came back to the house and relaxed. He’s planning on going back to work tomorrow, I hope he still feels like it tomorrow morning. He didn’t have such a good day as he did yesterday, but he did get some rest so hopefully he’ll be okay. 


I watched some TV off the Fire Stick tonight. I finished the first season of Sanditon (Hurry up and get the rest Amazon Japan!) and then I went over to Apple TV+ and watched a couple of things there. I did a bit of crochet in the evening too.  


That’s about it for me for tonight. Come back later if you like and hear all about my Monday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: