May 4, 2023

Thursday - Hot and sunny


I woke up this morning a couple of times.  It was really hard to move. I think I got extremely dehydrated yesterday. I did try to drink some water today and stay away from caffeine too.


I stayed in bed until around 11 or so. I’m glad that I told my friends that I couldn’t meet them today as I wouldn’t have been able to keep up with them. Neither of us were ready to go out until the afternoon. It was around 2 pm when F talked about going for lunch! He had an idea for a change and I was happy to give it a try.


We went to the nearby cafe, Cafe B-flat. We were able to get in, although they had sold out of most of their food for the day! We had an open sandwich, it had avocado on the bottom slice of toast and the second layer had a fried egg and some nama-ham. There were some baby lettuce leafs around the plate too. It looked lovely and since they didn’t use white bread, was nice and chewy too.  We had a drink each too.


After we left the cafe we started driving and then F suggested going to the Aeon Mall to one of the food courts. I was okay with that, wasn’t sure what I wanted to have anyway. We got there and F was lucky enough to find a great parking space on the end of the row near the building. Woot!


We went to the food court and snagged a table. F went to KFC and had chicken, I went to McDonald and had a chicken Tatsuta burger with yuzu sauce and fries and a drink. We ate and it was okay. I wouldn’t want it everyday, but once in a while it was okay. 


We hit up the grocery store for a bento for K and also some sports drink for me. I got a couple of bottles and I saw an interesting cereal which I got too. We headed back to Tsuruoka and the house. 


F left the bento for K on the kitchen table, and I put her chopsticks on it so she’d know that it was for her and then I went upstairs. 


We spent the next few hours just relaxing. I watched some YouTube and did some computer stuff as well. Around 8 pm we started talking about dinner. F was surprised it was so late! I suggested going for sushi, and F was okay with that. We went to Kappa Sushi and had a few dishes. I tried to stay away from a lot of deep fried dishes. Usually we end up getting far too many. I got a few, but most of them were things I shared with F. 


We left the restaurant and came back to the house. I spent time on my computer but around 10 I took a shower.  I came back from the shower and watched New Amsterdam. It was quite good tonight, well, it usually is after all.


And that’s about it for the day. It was okay. Tomorrow I think we’re going to wash our bedding and apart from that, I’m not sure. I think we’re going to sleep in quite late tomorrow morning!


That’s it for me. Come back later if you like and hear all about my Friday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: