March 26, 2024

Tuesday - Rainy and dark and gloomy


I woke up this morning when my alarm went off. I went downstairs and used the washroom and as I came out I heard someone come downstairs from upstairs. I was alone when I got up so F must have come in and sneaked upstairs. He came to get his breakfast which he left upstairs. We chatted for a few minutes and I asked for some money to pay for the dinner tonight! He obliged me. 


After F left, I went upstairs and got dressed. I sorted my laundry and then went back to bed for a nap! I didn’t really sleep much, but I did relax a bit.


When I got up, I took a load of laundry downstairs and put it in the wash. I grabbed my breakfast and went upstairs to eat.  I ate and then spent the next few hours doing 3 loads of laundry and then hanging it up in my room. I am glad that I got a lot done today. 


F showed up again in the afternoon. He was able to stay for a little while so I gave him some coffee. I grabbed my lunch and then when I came back upstairs it was time for him to leave again! I ate lunch, which was very nice. I also watched an episode of Fringe. I’m very into that show!


I watched the news at 4 pm and a bit later F called to say that he was on his way back, but he’d already booked a taxi for himself! I went downstairs a little before 6 pm and the taxi was outside the house, just as F arrived. He still had to dress for the party! He did that quickly and left. 


We had booked dinner to be delivered between 6 and 6:30 so I waited downstairs for it to come. I got some dishes ready and some hot water ready, but the food didn’t come. Finally around 7 pm I texted F and asked if he could call the place we ordered from to see what happened. He did and called me back a few minutes later. F had told the guy the wrong date! He told them to deliver it tomorrow night! Ack.  They told him that they could deliver us a food order tonight and they did. It was at our door in less than an hour, bless them! I could have done pasta for us if they couldn’t deliver tonight, but they managed. 


We had a lovely dinner of tuna sushi. It was very nice. It came with a packet of clear soup, which I made up and I added on some mugi-cha. 

My dinner. 


After we finished eating, I washed the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen. After that, I said goodnight to K and went upstairs. 


I registered the parcel I plan to send my best friend for her birthday next month. I had to weigh the items and write up what they were made of and where they came from. It’s a bit of a pain, but not that difficult. I was planning to take a shower, but I didn’t. Oh well. At 11pm I watched FBI: Most Wanted and it was okay. Last week’s episode was better. 


Around midnight, I started to wonder where my husband was. He didn’t come back until after one. I wasn’t worried about him, but I was more worried that K might come looking for F. She’d done that before, called me down and told me to call him and tell him to come home! It’s ridiculous really. He’s a grown man!


F was quite drunk but very happy. I advised him to drink some water, but I’m not sure if he did. He seems to be sleeping now, but he was talking for quite a while. 


F has the day off tomorrow but I’m not sure what condition he’ll be in. I’m hoping things will go well with him.  I only have to get to the post office so I can mail off my package and then I’ll be happy. After that, it’s all gravy. 


Oh, and I just remembered that I need to write this. I left Canada 27 years ago today. It was quite the adventure, and it continues to be one!


Come back later if you like and find out what I will do on Wednesday. Until tomorrow….

2 comments:

Rosa said...

Twenty- seven years! Wow. Can you believe it? You're made of sterner stuff than I since I couldn't even last in Japan two years. Lol! Well, happy Japaniversary!

Helen said...

Thank you! I'm not sure if its sterner stuff, or sheer stupidity, but I'm still here ;-)


Glad you visited today!