April 13, 2024

Saturday - Warm and sunny


I first woke up around 9 this morning. I had to make a trip downstairs then returned upstairs and went back to sleep. I didn’t really get up and out of bed until noon when F came up to the room and asked about lunch. 


I got dressed and talked to him about lunch. I wondered if yakiniku would do and he said it was okay. We went to Togashi on the other side of the city. We were able to get in right away and had a good meal there. We had the same kind of yakiniku, but one was salt and one was tare-flavoured. We shared the meat. 


After lunch, we went to Starbucks and had a drink. F had a Frappuccino and I had a chamomile tea latte. We enjoyed ourselves, but soon, F wanted to go back to the house to wait for his mother.


I spent a lot of time upstairs watching YouTube and relaxing. F came upstairs and announced that he had a headache. That usually means he doesn’t want to go to the movie or have a nice dinner. However, a little while later he said that he was okay to go out. 


F made dinner for his mother and then we went out. I had suggested a gyudon shop, the one that does fried chicken since I like it there. We went over and ordered at the machine. I got French Fries and chicken, and F got a croquette and chicken. Well, we got our croquette and the fries early, but it took ages for the chicken to be done. Gyudon shops like the one we went to are supposed to be fast, it took half an hour for our fried chicken to be made. We were nearly at the point of cancelling it when it was finally served. We gobbled down the chicken, which was hard as it was very hot and then left the restaurant.


We zoomed over to Machinaka-Kinema and paid to go in and see Till. We had to wait a few minutes, but were two of the three people in the audience! And we got the large cinema too. It was a fabulous film with good acting so it was sad that it wasn’t busier. It was a sad story and I must admit that I shed a few tears at the end.


We left the cinema and went to MaxValu. F wanted stuff for K’s breakfast. I wanted something else to eat, but I couldn’t find much there. Most of their deli section was picked over and I didn’t want more chicken! I got a cheesy bun at the bakery section.  As we left, I asked F if we could go to a convenience store on the way back to the house. He obliged me!  I picked up a bacon and cheese tortilla. We came back to the house.


F heated up some yakitori we had in the fridge and then promptly dropped half of it on the floor. I heated my tortilla and went upstairs to eat. 


I ate and then around midnight decided that I really needed to take a shower. I took one and then came back upstairs where I’ve been ever since. 


I’m not sure what is going to happen tomorrow. F talked about going to karaoke earlier, but I’m not sure if he meant it. He’ll probably weasel out of it again. I’ll have to do my regular grocery shop and pick up a few other things if I have the chance.


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: