April 14, 2024

Sunday - Hot and sunny

I got up this morning…no, I didn’t. I got up this afternoon, but hey, it’s Sunday and F had come back to bed too. 


F had suggested going to Karaoke today and having lunch there. I thought it was a good idea since we haven’t been to karaoke in ages. We arrived at Domu in downtown Tsuruoka and were able to get a room right away. Yay. We ordered our lunch and then went to the room and started singing. F sang a couple of songs and then basically stopped. He didn’t seem to be feeling that well as he put his feet up and spent the rest of the time lying on the bench. Sigh. I did most of the singing. I didn’t mind, but I did feel rather sad about it.  Lunch was good, I had pasta, and F had ramen.  After that, he ordered some more food. He suggested a deep-fried platter but I begged off. I suggested some veggie sticks and cabbage. F ordered them and also added on some nankotsu as well. We both really enjoyed the vegetables. He was glad I suggested them.


We left the karaoke box around 4:30 or so. We did some grocery shopping next. I went around the grocery store and bought groceries for tonight, and the next two days. Hopefully, I got enough.


We drove back to the house, I put the food away and went upstairs. Originally, F was supposed to wash the car, but he decided not to do that. 


Around 6 pm, F suggested going for dinner, but since I’d picked the restaurant I wanted to wait for a while. We headed out around 7 pm and were able to get in right away. I checked my app for the restaurant and I was able to get a free special dessert because of the number of points we’ve collected. Woot. We ordered our meal and enjoyed it mostly!  I had a hamburger, F had a seafood doria and we shared a plate of fries. Plus, we had drink bar as well. At the end, I requested the dessert and it was huge! It was served on a two-tier tray with a bunch of fruit, pudding, cakes and macarons.  It was gorgeous! I managed to give F a little of it, mostly the fruit, but he wouldn’t take any of the cake. Yes, I ate it and it was nice!


Photo cropped a lot as there was someone's face in the corner. Sorry!


After our dinner, we made a quick stop at a drugstore and then just came back to the house. I watched last night’s FBI and then guess what? You’ll never guess….an episode of Fringe. It was good again. I am rather sad that the show didn’t last more than 5 seasons.


F went to bed around 11 and seems to be sleeping now. He’s got a long day tomorrow and might be back late from work. 


I’m not sure what I’ll do tomorrow. I might do some laundry, or I might not. I often wait until Tuesday. I will have to cook dinner again as well. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….


No comments: