April 27, 2024

Saturday - Sunny and warm, a bit muggy


Today didn’t get off to a good start. I woke up at 6 am and F was gone. I had to make a trip downstairs and the lights were on down there and he seemed to be hard at work making something. I went back to bed after spending a few moments trying to see if I had a splinter in my foot. 


Yesterday, I had felt something in my sock and it turned out that a straw from the tatami had gone through my sock and stabbed me in the foot. I took the piece out and didn’t think much more of it. This morning, my foot hurt. I couldn’t see anything in my foot but thought maybe some rough skin was catching on my sock. I put a bandage on and went back to sleep. 


I woke up next at 7:30 am when F’s alarm clock went off. Was F in the room? Of course not. I tried to go back to sleep. F came back to the room around 9 am and woke me up. He got a phone call around 10 or something and woke me up. Ack!


A little before 11am he asked me if I’d like to have lunch at his friend’s restaurant, the eel one. I said no. The food is good there, but the last time we had lunch, we just got too much food and I wasn’t that hungry. F got awfully pouty then and announced that he wasn’t going out after all. I rolled my eyes a lot and came up with other ideas. I got dressed and then suggested trying his place to see if it was open. I reminded him that we’ve never found it open for lunch on a weekend and it is now Golden Week, so it might not be open at all.  


We drove over to the restaurant but it wasn’t open. He was prepared to be nasty to me over a restaurant that wasn’t even open. We went with my suggestion next, Togashi for yakiniku.


We went to Togashi and had a lovely meal. We basically had the same thing but F had his with a larger bowl of rice than I did. We left the restaurant pleasantly full. 


I said that I’d like to go to S-Mall to visit Daiso and then I’d buy F a cup of coffee afterwards. We headed over there and went upstairs to see Daiso first. I picked up a few things and F got himself some hangers for his pants. We went downstairs afterwards and I bought us some drinks in Doutor. F had a coffee and I had a rooibos tea, an iced one. We relaxed for a while but then went back to the house.


On the way back to the house, I realized that my foot was hurting again. I asked F if he’d mind taking a look at my foot to see if there was still a splinter in it. He said he would. We also made a stop at a new-to-us bakery and bought a couple of huge croissants and a pastry with anchovies and olives on it. 


When we got back to the house, I went upstairs, found my tweezers and had a look at my foot. I could see something in my foot, but I couldn’t really reach it. When F came upstairs he looked at my foot too and after a few contortions of trying to get my foot into a position so he could check it out, he managed to extract a splinter from my foot. Yikes and Whew!


We had a cup of coffee each and had our croissants and then shared the pastry. They were really good and F is already talking about going back there. K came back from her daycare and F went shopping to get fishing stuff and some groceries. F wants to go fishing tomorrow. I’m a little trepidatious, but it could be fun. 


Around 5:30 or so, F made his mother some dinner and then around 6:30, we headed out to the mall. As always, it was a bit after 6:30 before we left, but we did get to the mall at 7:00pm. We bought our movie tickets first and then headed over to the food court. I got a bibinba and F bought himself some yakisoba and okonomiyaki that they were selling off. 


After we finished eating we went to see Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire. It was so silly. I laughed myself silly, enjoyed the heck out of it and was quite happy to hear Canada’s own Loverboy on the soundtrack! Please know that I am not saying this is a GOOD movie, it wasn’t, but it was what I needed to see tonight!


When the movie finished and we left the mall, we made a stop around the corner at Don Qihote. I wanted to get some pasta sauces and while we were there, we picked up a few other things. F got a lot of instant ramen for his mother (or for himself?) 


We came back to the house and I headed upstairs. F stayed downstairs for a while and I have no idea what he was doing!  He headed off to bed soon after he came back and of course, I’m still up. 


I do plan to head to bed right away so I had better get going. Today was a pretty good day, despite not really having any plans for it. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: