September 21, 2024

Saturday - Rainy, rainy, clearing at night


This morning I woke up around the time that F got a phone call. K’s Day Service was calling to see if she was coming today. Oh dear. F had slept late and for some reason thought it was much earlier than it was. He rushed off downstairs to wake K up and make her some food and I rushed off downstairs because….I went back to bed and fell asleep again. 


F took K off to the Day Service and then came back to the house. He stayed downstairs for a while, I slept longer. Around 12 he came in the room and wanted to know if I was ready to go for lunch. Since he had no thoughts about lunch, I suggested going to the curry/ramen restaurant we know. It was over near the Voice shopping center. I suggested that we go to the Hard Off (second hand shop) after lunch and have a look around. F was okay with that idea, so we did it.


Lunch was okay. I’m not a huge fan of the curry at the shop, but it wasn’t the worst I’ve ever had. F was okay with his ramen too. 


After lunch, it was raining quite hard, so F ran to the car and then drove closer to the door so that I could jump in the car. We got a little lost on the way, but we went over to Hard Off and went in. I did a scan of the cooking things and the handbags and then went looking for appliances. I didn’t find anything I wanted. We went over to the DVD and CD section. F looked at the books and I looked at the CDs. I ended up getting an Adele CD. F got himself a couple of books and then we left. 


F made a stop at the grocery store to pick up something for his mother. He got us a couple of treats too. I stayed in the car as I was tired of walking in the rain!


We came back to the house and I went on my computer. F went downstairs and waited on his mother before coming upstairs and resting. 


He went downstairs at 6:30 to cook dinner for his mother. I got back into my going out clothes. He came back upstairs around 7:00pm. I wasn’t too pleased with him as the movie we were planning to see started at 8:05 and we hadn’t eaten yet. We really had no choice but to go to a gyudon shop. I had chicken cutlet with rice, miso soup and cabbage salad. Mine came with tartar sauce. F had a bowl of chicken and egg. His took longer than mine! We ate quickly and went over to the cinema.


Tonight we went to see The Holdovers at Tsuruoka’s Machi-ne-Kinema. It was great!  I had heard how good it was, but I wasn’t sure if F would like it too. He really did. 


We came back to the house after the movie. I was a bit sad, but I know F is still not feeling so great. 


Back at the house, I came upstairs and watched tonight’s episode of CSI: Las Vegas. It was a bit of a creepy one with a cannibal in it. Still, it was a good.


I had a pretty quiet night after that. F has gone to bed. He’s got a quilt on his bed and I’ve put a blanket on my side of the bed for myself too. It’s a lot colder tonight. 


Anyway, that’s about it for today. I’m not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow. Come back sometime and find out. Until tomorrow….

No comments: