September 22, 2024

Sunday - Rainy in the early part of the day, clearing later on


I woke up quite early, around 6:30, went downstairs and then came back and fell asleep again. It must have been too cold for me, even with the blanket on the bed. Next time I woke up it was after 10 and F was downstairs. I found out in a bit that he was with his mother, eating breakfast. 


I went back upstairs and put on my sweatpants. It is finally cool enough to wear them! I rested on the bed for a while and relaxed. I didn’t fall asleep again, but I was close.


F came upstairs again around noon and asked if I wanted to go for lunch. He had forgotten about my idea yesterday to go over to Sakata and to go for lunch and then shopping. Sigh. I reminded him, and he was fine with that. 


We got in the car and drove off. We had yakiniku at a good place in Sakata. We enjoyed our meal and were in the restaurant for a while. When we left the restaurant and were sitting in the car, I asked F if he’d mind if I texted my friend to ask her if she’d like to join us for coffee and doughnuts at Mr Donut. He thought it was a good idea. I asked her in my text to meet us at 4 pm if she was free. I told her that we were fine with bringing her children with her too. 


We went to the Sakata mall and had a look around. I bought myself some socks. I have a hard time with socks in Japan. I have to buy men’s socks as my feet are too big for women’s socks. I like soft socks and it seems like men don’t care about things like that!


While we were at the mall, I got a text back from my friend saying that she was out shopping at Mikawa Mall with her children and she’d love to meet up. Yay!


F and I hung out a bit in the mall. I looked at the craft corner but didn’t buy anything, and when we just had a few minutes left, we sat outside the washrooms and waited. My friend let us know when she arrived, so we went to Mr. Donuts to meet her.


We grabbed some doughnuts and cafe-au-lait and sat down in a corner. Her children were spending time in the amusement centre just outside the doughnut shop. We had a lovely time. It wasn’t long, we had to get back to Tsuruoka to take care of K, but it was nice to just meet up for a short time and relax and chat. 


After we broke up our little party, F and I did a little grocery shopping at the Aeon Mall. We got K a very nice looking bento and ourselves a few snacks, and drinks for the road. We came back to Tsuruoka and gave K her bento. F made her some miso soup as well. He’s a good lad that one!


We left just afterwards. K was still eating and we wanted our dinner. We didn’t really have any great ideas so I suggested the nearby Chinese restaurant as I was craving vegetables!  We drove over there, but the parking was full so F made another suggestion. He asked about the restaurant in Kushibiki. I was game, but reminded him that it would probably be closed by the time we got there. Long story short…it was. 


On the way back into Tsuruoka, F suggested ramen. I said to him that if he really wanted to go for ramen, he could just drop me off at Gusto and I’d eat there, he could go and find a ramen shop. He thought about it and when we got to Tsuruoka again, we went to Gusto. He decided to come in with me. Y’know, we had a pretty good meal!


I found a new pasta on the menu that had a cream sauce and 5 types of mushrooms with a bit of nama ham. It was great. We shared an order of fries with mayonnaise and I also had a small side salad and drink bar. F had the kara-age meal with rice and miso soup. He liked his…or at least he didn’t complain about it as much as usual!


We paid and then came back to the car. We just came back to the house. F said that he had enough food for his mother’s breakfast tomorrow so that was good. 


Back at the house I put on my pjs and relaxed for a while. I watched a lot of YouTube and then a bit after 10:30 I went downstairs and took a shower. 


F stayed up quite late tonight, it’s a good thing that tomorrow is a national holiday. We don’t really have any plans, but we’ll have to get groceries at some point tomorrow. I should also send out the plastic garbage tomorrow night since I forgot all about it last week. Oops. 


I’ve also got a mosquito (I think) bite on my arm that has swelled up quite a lot. The area around the bite even feels hot. It’s exactly what happens after I get a flu shot, so I’m wondering what the heck is going on! I think it is okay for the moment, but if I have a fever or start feeling dizzy I’ll get it looked at!


So, that’s it for me for tonight. Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: