September 23, 2024

Monday - Warm and Sunny!


Today was an interesting day. I woke up late this morning and went downstairs. I came back upstairs, read a bit on my phone, and then fell asleep again. 


I woke up sort of when my alarms went off, but I didn’t get up until F came into the room. He wanted to go for lunch, but then he said he didn’t! I  was confused as usual. I listed off a few places that I’d be happy going and we decided that we’d try going out to Kushibiki again. This time, they were open! I think we squeaked in just before last order! 


F had mabo-ramen and I had mabo-yakisoba and it was very nice. We both enjoyed our meals. When we finished, I suggested going back to Tsuruoka and having coffee…then remembered that I wanted to go to Daiso. 


F had let me try his earphones that he bought at Daiso, they were little in ear ones. They did fit and stayed in my ear so I thought I’d try a pair myself. We went to Daiso and I looked at earphones with him. I grabbed a pair. I looked at the craft section, but didn’t bite, then went to the snack area and got a few things. F watched while I checked out, that was annoying, but he paid so I couldn’t say too much.


We went to Komeda and had our iced coffee. We used our coffee tickets so we didn’t have to pay cash, but as we were leaving, F bought more coffee tickets. They make things a bit cheaper at the restaurant. I’m fine with that.


I suggested buying our groceries next as it was early and if I waited too long there wouldn’t be anything left to buy. I went in and did the shopping for us for the next couple of days. I hope I got enough!


We came back to the house and I put the groceries away. F went off and bought stuff for his fish tank, I went upstairs and relaxed. 


F checked that his mother ate a while later and then we talked about our dinner. I reminded F that it was better that we go sooner rather than later. We decided that we’d try for some keiten Sushi and F suggested the one we only rarely go to. We went to Kula. He made a reservation and we were able to go right in when we arrived.


We had an okay meal. Some of the dishes were good, some were not. I liked the onion rings, but thought the fries were only okay. When we were full, we left the restaurant and got back in the car.


We visited a drugstore where F helped me find a cream for my arm. It is still swollen and hot, and quite itchy at times. The only thing is after using it for a while, I don’t think it is strong enough. I was hoping to have something that I wouldn’t need to reapply often. I’ve put it on about 4 times this evening. Sigh. I think that’s a lot.


I had a quiet evening at the house. I watched a movie on Apple TV+, The Instigators with Matt Damon and Casey Affleck. It was amusing. I didn’t love it, but I did like it and thought it was fine. 


That’s about it. I’m not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow. I’m hoping for a quiet day where I can get some things done that I need to have done. I’ve only got three days without F as he is taking Friday off work as well. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: