October 12, 2024

Saturday - Sunny and warm looking


Well, today was a not-very-good day. I spent most of the day in bed. My cold got worse today so when I got up, I didn’t feel that well. F started in on me almost immediately about going for lunch. It was 11am. I didn’t want to think about lunch yet. He suggested a place in the mountains. I thought it was okay, but was pretty sure that we needed reservations or to call first. He asked me how long it would take to get ready. I tried to find the restaurant’s website and it took a while. All of a sudden, F stormed off and said that he wasn’t going to take me anywhere now. He would go for ramen instead. I told him that was fine. 


He went downstairs and I found the website finally and told him the website of the restaurant said we could go but we had to call first. He said he wouldn’t go anyway. I went back to bed. I think he made his own lunch, I’m not sure.


I slept for quite a few hours. I got up in the afternoon and had some food F bought at a bakery this morning. I opened up my computer and spent a bit of time on it. F was downstairs to welcome his mother and to have a meeting with a City Hall worker. I was supposed to go, but I went back to bed.


I went downstairs to use the washroom and saw F and K have dinner together. F must have cooked. Good for him. A little while later he came back upstairs and started talking about going for ramen again. He has a one-track mind. I told him to go. He refused to drop me somewhere else and we had another argument again that didn’t make sense to me.


I went downstairs after he came back to the room and heated up the leftovers from last night. I also defrosted and then toasted a bagel for myself. I brought my food upstairs and ate. It was very nice. I took some cold medicine, some old stuff I had lying around!


F announced he was going to get groceries and to be fair, he did ask if I wanted to go. I didn’t. A few minutes after he left I went downstairs to wash my dishes and then came back upstairs. I watched CSI: Las Vegas. F returned in the middle of it. He did offer me some sashimi, but I had already eaten and didn’t feel like fish tonight. 


He’s gone to bed now and is sleeping. I think my medicine is wearing off, sad to say. I can’t take more because I have to eat first. Sigh. 


Anyway, that’s it for me. I hope F starts acting a bit better tomorrow or I’ll be leaving on my own and spending the day out. I might just do that!


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

1 comment:

gn-in-Massachusetts said...

Hi Helen,
I hope you are feeling better today. Colds are no fun. I'm surprised your husband isn't more understanding considering all that you do for him. Hope today is/was better for you.
Gladys