October 13, 2024

Sunday - Sunny and warm


Well, today did not get off to a good start. I woke up before 11 and got up. F came into the room and demanded that I tell him if he should make a lunch reservation. He didn’t tell me to what or where. I was confused and let him know. He was angry at me again and said he was going to go and eat by himself. I said, “Goodbye!” He kept ranting at me so I kept saying,"Goodbye!” to him and he left. 


I looked at the bus schedule and realized that if I hustled my bustle, I could catch the bus downtown. I did. I got dressed, grabbed a mask and my sunhat and went off to the bus stop. I made it about 5 minutes before the bus. I was the only passenger for a while, but people did get on soon after. There was a Matsuri down by the hospital. It looked like fun, but grumpy guts would never think about going to something like that. 


I got off the bus at S-Mall and went into the Hotel. I checked their menu for today and their cheaper lunch was something that I could eat. I went to the hotel and had lunch there. It was very nice. I had a nice salad, pork saute with a mustard sauce and a bread crumb topping. That was nice. I also got coffee with it. Because I have a membership card from the hotel, I also got a small discount when I paid. Woot.


I did a little shopping in the mall and even bought myself a bento for tonight’s dinner in case F continued being a pain. I went to Doutor and had a decaf iced coffee and then left for the bus station. The bus was a little late I think, but I waited. There were a few people on the bus with me. 


At the stop before mine, a young man got on with a bunch of boxes and he put them right in the doorway. That meant when I tried to get off the bus I had to squeeze around them. Oh well, I did manage.


Back at the house, I put my bento in the fridge and then I went upstairs. F was upstairs on the bed and I didn’t say anything to him, I just went over to my computer and spent a while there. 


Around 7 pm F actually talked to me and asked if I wanted to go for dinner. I said sure. At first I thought he wanted to go with me, but he’d already eaten and was having stomach issues again. I asked for Gusto as they have a nice pasta dish at the moment. For some reason, F took me over to the far Gusto and when we got there, the parking lot was busy and even worse, there was a big group of teenage boys waiting outside. I went in the entryway and there were a lot of people inside as well, and not just the teenage boys. I went back to the car.


I asked F to take me to the other Gusto and he obliged. When we got there, the parking lot was busy, but there was a space for him. I went in again and there was no line-up. The waitress pointed out a few tables I could take and I took one of them. 


I had a nice meal. They have a mushroom pasta dish that I like, so I had that with a side salad, drink bar and a small order of fries and mayonnaise. It was nice. I read my book and got close to finishing it. 


I paid, which is a whole procedure these days, and went out to the car. We drove back towards the house and when we were two-thirds of the way, F asked if I’d like to go for a drink! I was fine with that, so we turned around and went back to Komeda Coffee. It’s close to Gusto!


We went in and both of us had a cup of decaf hot coffee. F spent time on his phone, me on mine. I even finished one of the books I was reading on mine. It was a historical romance, but the heroine was interested in chemistry and it had a lot to do with the British silk industry which made it rather interesting. It also was unusual in that the heroine didn’t want to get married either. 


We came back to the house afterwards. I did up the garbage in the kitchen and that was fun. F had done a not-very-thorough job of it last week.  When I finished I went upstairs and I changed into my PJs. I bagged up my stuff and F took it downstairs and out to the garbage station. I took a shower after 10:30 and then watched an episode of Elsbeth on WOWOW on Demand. It was fun. 


That’s about it. Despite F claiming that he couldn’t sleep, he seems to be sleeping. He’s asked that we go to the aquarium restaurant tomorrow for lunch. I’m okay with it, but not thrilled. Since we’ve had troubles with lunch the last couple of days I will try and make it work tomorrow. 


It’s a long weekend here, which is why F has the day off. Hopefully, things will go well. Fingers crossed since I don’t want the entire weekend to be a dud.


Come back later if you like and hear all about my Monday. Until tomorrow….




No comments: