October 15, 2024

 Tuesday - Sunny and warm


I got up this morning quite early. I went downstairs and then came back to the room. I gave myself 5 more minutes in bed and then got up and got dressed to go out. I had a quick snack and then gathered my stuff and left the house. I did try to tell K where I was going, but I wasn’t sure that she understood me. I don’t think she did, honestly. I did make sure she had food first though. 


I did a fast walk to the bus stop. One of my shoes became untied on the way so I had to stop and tie it at the bus stop. The bus came and was only a couple of minutes late. I was the first passenger but over the next few stops more people got on. Many of these people were elderly and took a long time to get on the bus. 


When we arrived at the final stop, the bus station, I thought I would have about 9 minutes to wait for the bus. Nope. I had just gotten off the mini-bus when the bus to Mikawa drove by. I made it, but not by much!


The ride out to Mikawa was fine. The fields were lovely and I even saw a few swans overhead. It must be time for them to fly south. We arrived at the mall and I paid and got off. 


I made a quick stop at the post office to make a deposit and then a withdrawal, then I headed to Doutor. I had a quick drink and a cheese toast for a mini breakfast. After that, I headed upstairs to the cinema.


I bought my ticket and some popcorn and a drink and went to see Civil War. I didn’t know too much about it, but I heard it was good. I did enjoy it, it was thought-provoking. It basically was about America at war with itself. The protagonists were photojournalists. 


After the film was over, I turned on my phone and went over to the Food Court in the other end of the mall. I was planning to make burgers for dinner so I went to KFC and had a chicken burger. That was quite good, but not made to order, so it wasn’t as hot as I would like. 


I did a bit of texting with F during lunch. He decided that he’d take the afternoon off work to go to the doctor. I told him it was fine, but to remember that he would have to come back to Mikawa to pick me up afterwards. He said he would.


I went back to the cinema and bought my ticket to see Joker: Folie à Deux. I had seen the original Joker film when it came out here and I hated it. I loathed it. It was depressing, violent and just a rotten experience. Folie à Deux wasn’t quite as bad, but it wasn’t a good film in my opinion. It was a bit of a struggle to stay awake!


After the film, I went out and turned on my phone. F texted me to say that he still hadn’t seen the doctor yet. He said he’d come back to get me after he had seen the doctor. I texted him not to worry. I’d do some shopping and maybe have a drink or something. I didn’t worry about anything. I was in a mall and it didn’t close for a few hours.


I went to Doutor after a little bit of shopping in Seria. I had planned to have a sandwich, but they were completely sold out today. Sigh.


F phoned me a few minutes later. When he called, I was sitting down with a cup of rooibos tea. He was finished and on his way back to get me. A few minutes later, he came into the coffee shop. I got him a drink and then we relaxed for a few minutes and chatted.


K tried calling F but the problem with that is she can’t hear what he says to her. I was a bit worried that she might be hungry, but F was sure she was okay. It was around 7 pm or so by now.


We decided to go and have dinner in Tsuruoka. Our first choice was closed so I suggested going to a gyudon shop. F was good with that, so we drove to one. I had chicken and curry with a salad and miso soup, and F had gyudon with a raw egg and miso soup. Dinner was good. We even ordered a take-out bento for K. 


We drove back to the house and F gave K her meal. She seemed happy to see it, but there still was food in the fridge for her. If F hadn’t been so late tonight, I was planning to come back and cook. However, starting cooking dinner after 7 pm is a bit difficult when we generally eat at 7pm.


I had a quiet evening in. I took a shower and watched tonight’s episode of FBI: International. It looks like a team member is leaving. I don’t think his character actually gelled with the rest of the team.


And…that’s about it. In all honesty, I’m looking forward to a little house time! I need to do some laundry again and clean a few things. I hope I don’t have to go out tomorrow.


Come back later if you like and hear all about my Wednesday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: