October 16, 2024

 Wednesday - Rainy in the morning, sunny later on


I woke up this morning, possibly because I got a text from F. He told me his sister would pick up his mother and take her out until after lunchtime. I texted back, “Okay,” and then went back to sleep.   


When I finally dragged myself out of bed I got dressed and did the first of three loads of laundry today. I spent quite a bit of the afternoon hanging up clothes and also folding and putting other stuff away. 


K came back in the afternoon and I said hi. She didn’t say anything as usual. I went downstairs to grab my lunch and it seemed to take forever. Finally, I finished and went back upstairs. I watched an episode of Buffy, The Vampire Slayer which was an odd one today with a ventriloquist’s dummy. 


I watched the news then and after 5 started getting ready to go downstairs and make dinner. I headed downstairs around 5:45 and got down to business.


Tonight I did some toaster oven chicken, mushroom penne, salad, baby tomatoes for those who can eat them, and potato salad. F called around 6:30 to say that he’d be a while yet but was back from Yamagata. He also told me to go ahead and eat with his mother if I finished cooking before he came back. 


I got the table set and the food cooked and I sat down with K and we did have dinner. She seemed to enjoy it and happily didn’t go crazy over some of the food. F arrived about 30 minutes later and he sat down and had dinner. I added some rice for him. 


I took the empty plates and dishes to the kitchen and when F was finished eating, cleared the table. I did the dishes and listened to my favourite podcasts. 


When I finished, I went upstairs with a can of root beer and had that. I relaxed for a while with a few YouTube videos. At 11pm I watched Wild Cards with a bank robbery. It was a cute episode.


After midnight, the TV went off. I finally suggested to F that he get to bed because he has to go to work a little early tomorrow. He’s now in bed and I think he’s sleeping. 


I’m not sure what I’m going to get up to tomorrow. In the evening I’ll be cooking again plus we’ll have to go and get a few groceries. We should technically have gone tonight, but neither of us wanted to go!


Come back later if you like and hear all about my Thursday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: