October 4, 2024

Friday - Cloudy, rainy and humid


I woke up before my alarm again today. I got up, made a trip downstairs and then I came back upstairs and went back to sleep. I didn’t get up for ages!


When I did get up, I dressed and did a couple of loads of laundry. I now have damp clothes all over my room! I watched the news and relaxed a bit over the day. I did gather a couple of things to put in my suitcase, although I didn’t put it in yet.


I grabbed lunch on time today and then came up to eat it and I watched the first episode of Elspeth. I liked it a lot. I’ve always enjoyed the character when she shows up on The Good Wife and The Good Fight.


F called after 5 but the phone hung up once and the second time he basically just said he was on his way and hung up! Oh dear.


I went downstairs to get dinner ready. I was planning on making a couple of fun dishes that really couldn’t be made in advance. When F came back, I asked him to come down around 7pm and that things would have to be eaten right away. 


I got on with my prep work. I was making nachos and Vietnamese pizzas. I got things ready, set the table and texted F that I was going to start cooking and he should come down soon. No answer. He did see my message. Ten minutes later, after my first pizza was spoiled and the nachos were in the toaster oven cooling down, no F. I texted him again. He didn’t answer. 


I finally had to go and yell at him to come down. I put the nachos on the table and tried to make another pizza. It was okay, but not great. Finally, a good 20 minutes after my first request that he come down, he showed up. I told him that I was upset because he didn’t come when I asked him to. He stormed off and refused to eat. 


Poor K and I ate quite a bit of the nachos, but we didn’t finish them. We ate one of the pizzas. It was messy but good. The second pizza was a bit spicier so I didn’t want to give it to her. 


I did the dishes when we finished and listened to my podcasts. I enjoyed those. 


I came upstairs and F was on the bed napping. He’s basically been sleeping all night. I guess he had a hard day and got really wet at work. I feel sorry for him, but more sorry that he didn’t come and enjoy dinner with us. 


Tonight I watched much too much YouTube. I had planned to watch a movie on TV but with F sleeping and angry at me, thought it was better not to do that. 


I’m not sure what’s going to happen tomorrow. F has a doctor’s thing in the morning so his sister is going to take his mother to daycare. I hope that F will make his mother something to eat, but I can’t be sure about that. I have no food for her. 


Anyway, that’s about it for me. I hope I’ll be able to blog tomorrow before I go. I don’t really plan to blog when I’m away, so don’t miss me too much!


Until tomorrow….

No comments: