June 16, 2026

Tuesday - Hot and Sunny


Last night, F woke up before I went to bed and I don’t think he went back to sleep at all. He lies in bed and plays with his phone, of course he’s not going to fall asleep. When I go to bed, I read on my phone for about 5 minutes and then I go to sleep. I have a nice little routine, it’s just much later than F’s bedtime!


When I woke up in the morning, F was gone. My alarm was on so I turned it off and then got up. I went downstairs and then came back to the room. I sorted my laundry and checked my email. I went back to bed and did my sleep and watch videos on my phone thing. 


I dragged myself out of bed later and brought my laundry downstairs after I got dressed. I started one load and then grabbed my breakfast. K was up, but in the living room. I nodded at her!


I came back upstairs to eat and get things ready to hang up my laundry. I did two loads today, no big deal. 


I decided to write a couple of postcards for Postcrossing today. Mine are off to Poland and Finland so that’s good. I think Finland should be fast, I hope Poland will be too. 


I went downstairs around 3pm to get my lunch. I brought it back to the room to eat. I watched an episode of Departure and enjoyed it. 


F was late in calling me today, so I was getting ready to go downstairs when he did call. I went downstairs and started with my dishes and then got really busy. 


Tonight I made air-fried chicken drumsticks with salad, potato salad, cucumber pickle and some broccoli. It was very nice, even if I say so myself. F had made rice too so dinner went well.


I did the dishes afterwards and listened to my podcasts as well. I mostly enjoyed them. The podcasts I mean, not the dishes!


I changed my clothes after finishing in the kitchen. F and I went off to the grocery store and I picked up some food for the next couple of days. F got some adult beverage and we got stuff for lunches as well. 


We came back to the house and I put away the groceries. I probably didn’t buy enough, but I think we’ll be okay. 


I came upstairs to the room, watched a little YouTube and then watched Law & Order at 11pm. 


F is sleeping now and I’ll be heading off to bed soon. I hope I don’t wake him up tonight. He has a roadtrip at work tomorrow.


Come back later if you want and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….


4 comments:

gn-in-Massachusetts said...

Hi Helen,
I noticed the background/wall paper for your blog changed. I miss the books! They were colorful and really like them! Any chance you might consider going back to them?
G.

Helen said...

I was getting tired of the books so I changed it....my nom de plume is "stella starstruck" so I thought it suited me.

I had the books up for years and years. I'll think about it, but I don't really want to go back to the same old, same old!

Thanks for letting me know how you feel. You're the first person to comment on the change!

Rosa said...

Funny! I noticed too, saw the stars were new but then thought: I wonder what was there before! I did not remember the books at all.

Change is good!

Helen said...

Yay! Thanks! I'm probably going to see if I can spice it up a bit.

Thanks for commenting!!