September 8, 2026

Tuesday - Rainy, humid and hot


I used a blanket on my bed last night and I didn’t wake up early in the morning. Yay for that. I did my usual thing of going downstairs and then coming back up to the room. When I came back up I sorted out my laundry for later. Then, back to bed for a longer snooze. I watched a couple of videos, but then fell asleep. 


When I got up I dressed and then took my laundry basket downstairs. Over the next couple of hours I went downstairs twice to get my laundry and I ate breakfast in the room. 


I grabbed my lunch around 3 and brought it upstairs. I had planned to watch Sewing Bee, but I couldn’t find a season I hadn’t already watched. Instead, I watched another episode of Modern Love. This one had Anne Hathaway in it as a woman who was bipolar. It was a good episode really. I enjoyed it. 


After lunch I watched the news and then some YouTube again. F called after 5:30 and a few minutes after that I went downstairs again.



I got started on dinner. Since we didn’t have rice for dinner tonight I decided that I’d use some of my bread for my lunch to fill in the space for rice. 


F came back a little later and he was bearing flowers. He’d bought some at work. He was too busy getting the flowers in water to give me a proper greeting. Then when he had finished with that, he told me that he wasn’t feeling great and was going upstairs. He didn’t want any dinner. Okay then. 


I had to continue with my dinner prep. Tonight I did chicken drumsticks with salad, potato salad, toast and butter and some Asian style cucumber salad. It was nice and K and I ate a lot of what was on the table! We didn’t finish the toast so when we were finished eating I took it upstairs for F to have. He said he liked it. 


When I finished the dishes I went upstairs and asked F if he felt well enough to take me out shopping tonight. He said he would. Yay. I changed my clothes and then went downstairs and we left. 


At the grocery store, F came in again. He was wanting to buy saké. I picked up a few things, including some pizza for Thursday night and some pork chops for tomorrow night. I just decided that I’m not going to ask F to make rice for the rest of the week. I don’t like eating it, and if he or his mother wants it, they can worry about it. I’m doing nice alternatives to rice. Tomorrow night is hash browns, and then the pizza on Thursday. Friday I’ll likely do my usual pasta and then I’m done for a few days. Hurray for that. 


After we went to the grocery store, I asked F if he would stop at the new 7-11. I wanted to put some money on my Suica card, the card I use to pay for my bus rides. It was getting a bit low. He obliged me. I also bought us some ice cream so that was nice.


We came back to the house and put away the groceries. I went upstairs with my ice cream and I ate mine right away. F waited for his as he had bought something for his dinner. He ate and then had the ice cream later!


At 11pm I watched Law & Order. It was okay. I’m still a bit meh on the way the show is. I should probably stop watching it and watch something I like on streaming. 


F went to bed and I think he’s sleeping, but I’m not sure. He isn’t sleeping that well. He sleeps before I go to bed and then wakes up when I come and doesn’t get more sleep. I try not to wake him up, but the house is noisy. 


Well, that’s about it for me for today. Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….



No comments: